Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I belive lcfc signed mendy as a replacement for kante who was there no1 target but couldnt get so they settled with kante which turned out to be a masterstroke on there behalf .
I think whoever we sign we've gotta have faith and trust in the new manager and DoF who i think would have the final say on this guy.yes we'd all like to sign the fifa superstars but this walsh has a track record of finding gems and i have full confidence in them
Koeman has said not to panic signings will come

People will panic mate but you're right.

There's nothing we can do except trust those in charge.

I understand Aston Villa were horrific, and some stats may seem to be inflated because of that but......he was second in the top 5 european leagues in most of those categories. That at least tells you he was the best defender on the 15 or so clubs that got relegated. Plus, he actually made 500 more passes than Kante in the same number of minutes, with more forward passes, and more completions.

The 26-year-old has won 93 tackles in his 28 appearances in the top flight, three less than Kante (though the Leicester man has played two games more) and more than any other Premier League player.

In Villa’s recent 3-1 defeat to Everton, Gueye completed eight tackles and six interceptions, while also completing the game with 83% passing accuracy. His distribution was also far more penetrative than Kante’s – making three key passes in the final third of the pitch.

While Kante has received heaps of praise from pundits alike about his rate of interceptions, Gueye continues to outscore him. Kante (126) has recorded 29 more than any other Premier League player, barring Gueye (129).

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/ngolo-k...riness-of-football/626298#Uejl7V1C2OH8FFKB.99

Underwhelmed is one hell of an understatement.

Aston Villa were a catastrophe last season and this fella was right at the heart of it.

Even I didn't think it would be this bad.

LmY5p.gif

Underwhelmed is one hell of an understatement.

Aston Villa were a catastrophe last season and this fella was right at the heart of it.

Even I didn't think it would be this bad.

He excelled in every area you would want a DM to

No sure what you think he could have done to prevent Villa going down

Im going out on my own here..but i have liked him the few times i have seen him...

Nothing fancy...just does his job...wont set the world on fire...but does what he says on the tin

Exactly he was a good player in a poor team and when ur leaking 3-4 goals a game it makes it hard to stand out but his stats prove other wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back