Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see your point

Or are you suggesting this lad is to blame for all of the goals conceded and them not scoring enough
I'm saying he was a vital part of that joke outfit.

I actually can't believe people are accepting this. Gone from Carvalho to Gueye and people are making excuses.

"Er well the stats say he made a few interceptions"

Of course he made a few interceptions Villa were defending on the edge of the box 90% of the time.

I'm saying he was a vital part of that joke outfit.

I actually can't believe people are accepting this. Gone from Carvalho to Gueye and people are making excuses.

"Er well the stats say he made a few interceptions"

Of course he made a few interceptions Villa were defending on the edge of the box 90% of the time.

Spot on. If true, this is a really worrying sign of things to come.

He might even be good, but he shouldn't be our first signing of the season as we get closer to August. Things looking grim.

Spot on. If true, this is a really worrying sign of things to come.

He might even be good, but he shouldn't be our first signing of the season as we get closer to August. Things looking grim.

What does it matter if he's first or 4th

If we were buying this lad straight from Lille and his stats were exactly the same as last season compared to Kante, people would be wetting themselves at the thought of the 'next Kante' whilst hailing Walsh was a genius.

Just because he was involved in what can most accurately be described as a car crash on a sinking ship, people are writing him off as the problem. Glad there's some sensible heads in here too.

He obviously did with Kante being the only player to better him in most DM stats

Are you suggesting good players never get relegated?

Stats mean nothing for defensive players at a club like Villa. 'keeper probably had better stats than Schmeichel because he was peppered with shots all season, doesn't mean a thing.

The point is this Gueye was part of a unit responsible for being one of the worst sides in Premier League history. By all means, we could bring him in as a squad signing in August or whatever, but for him to be the first 'major' signing of the Moshiri era is a terrible message to send out.

Just utterly underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back