Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
No

Its making a case for the lad, Nobody on here can give a honest opinion on him because we've hardly seen him

We have though - a full season. People watch football beyond Everton.

Gueye is a decent player, but Carvalho is vastly superior to him and would be the bigger statement of intent for the club. This is B-tier, Kenwright-esque business if we do it, and I was expect bigger and better things from Moshiri.

It's a weird feeling, as I'm sure that if we sign him he'll do well. But if this is the type of player we are looking at now, he'll be doing well in a side finishing around 8th.

Nope as 1. he is actually a position they need, and 2. he isn't going to cost 30m quid
Yeah right! We would be having an absolute field day with this.

"From Gotze to Gueye!"

This player is a moneyball type signing that the RS would make. Not good enough!

Gueye is a decent player, but Carvalho is vastly superior to him and would be the bigger statement of intent for the club. This is B-tier, Kenwright-esque business if we do it, and I was expect bigger and better things from Moshiri.

It's a weird feeling, as I'm sure that if we sign him he'll do well. But if this is the type of player we are looking at now, he'll be doing well in a side finishing around 8th.

Flawed logic though mate, we don't sign someone we may see as a squad player - until we sign the player we see as a starter, even if that means losing out on the squad player?

So you watch Villa week in week out and have watched him at Lille to get a good idea of what he's about?

Form a group lad and get down to Walsh's house quick, Tell him he's got this one wrong

Doesn't make sense to me that sorry.

Say we want Carvalho, and we are signing this guy to back him up, we shouldnt sign him until we get Carvalho?

Note that Marseille have alos met his buy out, meaning we have probably acted to avoid losing him - if the reports are true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back