Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not true Tubey mate, from what I can see, this fella is a straight up DM in the mould of Kante, high energy ball chaser, Carvalho is a ball playing deep lying playmaker with about as much energy as a smackhead on 50 moggys.

This guy looks like someone we'd play when trying to shut up shop alongside say Carvalho

You're Witsel, right? You see a club interested in you signing players from one of the worst teams in England last season.

Does that scream ambition to you? Would you sign on for that project?

I wouldn't. I'd swerve and look for a club who actually look like they want to win things.

We should have went balls out to bring in a signing that would be a big statement of intent, and then looked to see what doors opened when the eyes of the football world were on us wondering just how big on things we wanted to go.

We did mate, we are currently on hold waiting for every other team in Europe to turn Witsel down.

He is a clone of Carvalho exatly how mate?

Utterly ridiculous statement to make if you have seen both these play which you obviously have done

They both play defensive midfield - but to say they are similar besides that is like saying Barry and McCarthy are clones

I didn't say he was a clone... I said it'd be stupid to say we'd be signing a clone of Carvalho to replace Carvalho. If Carvalho is off the table, we'd look at other options, even if they were not a like-for-like.

Gueye is more like McCarthy than Barry/Carvalho, but that doesn't mean he's not being brought in instead of Carvalho.

You're Witsel, right? You see a club interested in you signing players from one of the worst teams in England last season.

Does that scream ambition to you? Would you sign on for that project?

I wouldn't. I'd swerve and look for a club who actually look like they want to win things.

We should have went balls out to bring in a signing that would be a big statement of intent, and then looked to see what doors opened when the eyes of the football world were on us wondering just how big on things we wanted to go.

This.

It's small time and embarassing. He's piss poor coming from a laughing stock and people keep harping on that we are back etc? No player will sit up and take notice of this. Except to laugh. Sort it out Everton ffs.

Thats not true Tubey mate, from what I can see, this fella is a straight up DM in the mould of Kante, high energy ball chaser, Carvalho is a ball playing deep lying playmaker with about as much energy as a smackhead on 50 moggys.

I agree - but they both play defensive midfield, so if we can't get Carvalho, perhaps Koeman/Walsh have opted for a different type of player for the role instead, as you can't always bring in a clone of a player if you miss out on the actual player.

We are crying out for a ball winner. We barely 'won' possesion back the entirety of last season, in fact since mccarthy's hamstrings exploded. It was why Besic made such a difference in that little spell post-xmas. Personally i think having the right type of player is more important than the actual individual.

This.

It's small time and embarassing. He's piss poor coming from a laughing stock and people keep harping on that we are back etc? No player will sit up and take notice of this. Except to laugh. Sort it out Everton ffs.

Or maybe, if he signs, he'll be one of four or five to do so and will be the cheapest.
Obviously it's best to get your fume in early though !

We are crying out for a ball winner. We barely 'won' possesion back the entirety of last season, in fact since mccarthy's hamstrings exploded. It was why Besic made such a difference in that little spell post-xmas. Personally i think having the right type of player is more important than the actual individual.

We sign a top player, and other doors open to better players than this. Or, if we still think he's the right fit even then, we can still bring him in.

But it's a terrible statement to put out there to make your first proper signings of the season to be a key component in one of the worst defensive teams in Premier League history.

Or maybe, if he signs, he'll be one of four or five to do so and will be the cheapest.
Obviously it's best to get your fume in early though !

God I really want him to be the first so much now.

SO SO MUCH

Stickleback
Gueye
then maybe a dodgy Right Back from the Siberian 3rd division.

Mans gotta dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back