Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry yes, the terrific trio, played in their prime and never got their hands on a piece of silverware. Wait, we won a pre-season tournament once, didn't we? I guess that counts. Everton!

Same applies to Speed, Ferguson, Baines......need I go on? Too dismissive of players sometimes as they aren't fashionable enough. I worry sometimes if we should ever morph into Man City and forget our roots. You'd be happy with that I'm guessing?

Same applies to Speed, Ferguson, Baines......need I go on? Too dismissive of players sometimes as they aren't fashionable enough. I worry sometimes if we should ever morph into Man City and forget our roots. You'd be happy with that I'm guessing?
I'll take the trophies and glory over Dogs of War who never win anything. Awful supporter, just terrible. Find me a successful team (over an extended period) who win things with players such as the above and who we've been linked with in previous days. Leicester doesn't count, by the way.

My opinion of him is one that I'm going to give him a chance if he signs but I don't think he'll do much. I would rather a more established player as it where coming in like a Witsel or Cavarlho or if not McCarthy given a run in the side under Koeman.
Carvalho isn't more established though, he's 2 years younger and has also played much less games in a lesser league.

Did win the Euros though, which is why everyone is losing their minds over him right now. If he hadn't done that, would you know who the hell he even is?

Carvalho isn't more established though, he's 2 years younger and has also played much less games in a lesser league.

Did win the Euros though, which is why everyone is losing their minds over him right now. If he hadn't done that, would you know who the hell he even is?

I don't know who 90% of the players we're linked with are to be honest. I do feel a bit guilty that I don't know as much about footie as Walsh and those guys who make a living from it.

Think we've gotta kinda trust Ron.

Although this kid isn't an improvement on what we already have and probably on who's coming through (Davis)

Only reason I've noticed him was a gooner work mate was banging the drum on arsenal signing him last season, considering Chelsea and us are supposedly interested he must have something about him on top of his recent international success.

I think the whole club right now post martinez needs a 'lift' and for me a top class signing would give that excitement and buzz back to the players, fans, media etc. I'm happy for signings and will give players a chance but would have been nice us making a statement of intent, still time I suppose although I think Walsh will be targeting lesser known players.

Yes. As the lad that united have been meant to be signing for the past 2 years.

Never seen him play though.

Just texted a couple of Villa season ticket holders I know, one replied 'he's a poor man's Delph', & the other replied 'he's very average' :(

I'll take the trophies and glory over Dogs of War who never win anything. Awful supporter, just terrible. Find me a successful team (over an extended period) who win things with players such as the above and who we've been linked with in previous days. Leicester doesn't count, by the way.

Why not, because it doesn't suit your argument? What about the Portsmouth team who won the FA cup, or the Wigan one, were they full of worldies?

Did you miss the bit in brackets?

Do we want a one-off trophy win or a period of prolonged success?

Djimi Traore, the definition of a comedy footballer won three major trophies in three years - would you prefer him in the side over, say, Mick Lyons who won one runner's up medal (purely hypothetical I know)?

AC Milan with Gattuso, Chelsea with Makelele, Marseille with Deschamps, Brazil with Gilberto Silva... many more to add to that list.

Defensive midfielder, just been on sky sports that he was second to Kante for most tackles and interceptions, for 7.1 mil it's a snip, think Marsielle or Bordeaux have met the release clause aswell so i can see this one falling through also.

If we end up selling McCarthy we'll get at least twice that fee, maybe more, so you could argue it might be good business to make a profit and get a player who does the same job who just had a far better season.

I've heard some Villa fans moan but that's the type of player that is really hard to judge, and I'd trust someone like Steve Walsh to make the right call over disillusioned and (rightfully) miserable fans of a team who have just been relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back