Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
like what? the overplaying (that cost us one one, maybe two occasions?) yeh - that was his fault.

he missed a header or few. so did Jags and Mori, and Baines and Coleman and Barry and McCarthy. It happens, and wasn't helped at all by inept coaching.

he made the most mistakes leading to a goal for an outfield player 3

can't say weather he's good or bad, but seems very comparable to kante who didn't turn out to be too shabby a find by walsh. We'll need these sort of lower signings to keep the squad ticking over.

can't say weather he's good or bad, but seems very comparable to kante who didn't turn out to be too shabby a find by walsh. We'll need these sort of lower signings to keep the squad ticking over.

Yeah agree on this, Im happy about it, we need to get moving on getting players in now, we might want big name players but getting those guys in takes time, but we also need to stay in reality and accept just because we have a new owner we aint Man City and don't have the pull of the Man United name.

Yeah agree on this, Im happy about it, we need to get moving on getting players in now, we might want big name players but getting those guys in takes time, but we also need to stay in reality and accept just because we have a new owner we aint Man City and don't have the pull of the Man United name.

i believe. I believe we've done all the main groundwork on big signings and if they're going to happen we just need to tick them off. Just me guessing though.

If he is hungry and shows fight then he will be half way there as a success for me.

I have not seen him play but his stats are encouraging.

He also seems have a bit more physical presence about him and this is something we lack.

Last edited:
If he is hungry and shows fight then he will be half way there as a success for me.

I have not seen him play but his stats are encouraging.

He also seems have a bit more physical presence about him and this is something we lack.
He's the same size as Mo

Utterly pointless signing

Pointless because he's the same size as an existing player?
2 separate points.

Lad I quoted said he'd bring some physical presence, when in fact he'd be our smallest midfielder

Its pointless because he's absolutely no improvement on what we have in an already congested position, and he'll do nothing but stunt the progression of our talented young centre mids

Im not saying hes going to turn out to be the cats pajamas, but for everyone who is so quick to point out that "hes not Kante" and "hes not in the same league as Kante", do you know who ELSE wasnt in the same league as Kante a year ago? Kante! A year ago he sold for 7.5 mill.

Difference is Kante was new to the league and dominated it.

Gueye was new to the league and was part of one of the worst defensive units I've ever seen.

Prepared to give him a chance, but people are underwhelmed for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back