Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference is Kante was new to the league and dominated it.

Gueye was new to the league and was part of one of the worst defensive units I've ever seen.

Prepared to give him a chance, but people are underwhelmed for a reason.

It's called a team game mate... swap the two around and I suspect both teams would be roughly in the same position in the league.

It's called a team game mate... swap the two around and I suspect both teams would be roughly in the same position in the league.

Maybe, but maybe not. Leicester added Kante and Mahrez and they were entirely different side due to their quality.

Gueye added nothing to Villa.

As said, hope for the best, but there's nothing for people to be excited about with this one - it's an underwhelming squad signing until he proves otherwise.

Maybe, but maybe not. Leicester added Kante and Mahrez and they were entirely different side due to their quality.

As said, hope for the best, but there's nothing for people to be excited about with this one - it's an underwhelming squad signing until he proves otherwise.

Mahrez was already there mate. Kante and Gueye added to both teams at the same time. You can compare the two on stats alone. One had Huth/Morgan behind, surrounded by pace and tricks, the other didn't. Think it's pretty pathetic people write him off before he's potentially kicked a ball just because his team sucked. Sometimes crap teams have great players but underwhelm - think Zlatan for Sweden.

I'm not saying he's amazing, he'll be brilliant, he'll be crap, you hate him etc. but the hate on this thread is beyond unjustified.

To be fair, Leicester's hot streak started before they signed Kante and Mahrez had been hot and cold before February 2015.

If we sign him then we'll see him and then we can assess how he does in our team, our system.

What I will say is if you look at the You Tube stuff and see him closing down, making sliding interceptions etc. then most of the time he is literally the only Villa player doing anything more than wandering about. If he kept up his attitude and effort in the middle of that shambles I think he's probably got the kind of mentality our fans will like.

Underwhelming for sure mate but it depends who else we bring in. If he came in alongside some of the other names that have been touted, we can't really complain.

He was at a club which was done regardless who played for them - he couldn't have done anything to stop the rot.

As a villa fan I say you dodged a bullet by not buying Witsel who is slow and cumbersome while buying a real hidden diamond for peanuts in Gana. If you go by stats he is actually better than Kante as he has better success rates. He does need to work on some of his ball retention but his teammates were no help leaving him isolated. In France he was actually higher rated than Kante. Put him in a team with solid tactics and he may be your star player.

As a villa fan I say you dodged a bullet by not buying Witsel who is slow and cumbersome while buying a real hidden diamond for peanuts in Gana. If you go by stats he is actually better than Kante as he has better success rates. He does need to work on some of his ball retention but his teammates were no help leaving him isolated. In France he was actually higher rated than Kante. Put him in a team with solid tactics and he may be your star player.

cheers for that mate. I think we are still in for Witsel as well mate. Maybe Koeman wants to ship nearly all our midfield out and start again. Certainly considering Barry and Mccarthy are supposed to be 2 defensive midfielders they didn't do a great job the past 2 years, though that's more to do with Martinez and his non existent tactics.

Will certainly be interesting if we do get him and see what he produces. I'm getting him mixed up with someone else who played for you last season and I seen them against the RS. You got a player called Bacca or something similar?

Difference is Kante was new to the league and dominated it.

Gueye was new to the league and was part of one of the worst defensive units I've ever seen.

Prepared to give him a chance, but people are underwhelmed for a reason.

True, thats one difference, but another is Kante was on a team surrounded by really good players and coaches, while Gueye was on a team surrounded with really terrible players and coaches. If you've ever played on both, you know the massive difference it makes.

If Villa had Vardy and Mahrez would they have gone down?

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back