Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought he was pretty mince, was surprised by the good reviews

Its funny how people see the game differently. I thought he was our best player yesterday and I thought Barkley was good too. Someone I went with thought Barkley was garbage. I've seen people on here with polar opposite opinions on Stones from yesterday too.

Bottom line, what do I know.

Its funny how people see the game differently. I thought he was our best player yesterday and I thought Barkley was good too. Someone I went with thought Barkley was garbage. I've seen people on here with polar opposite opinions on Stones from yesterday too.

Usually a good idea to trust my opinion on players

This is true. Its peoples perception of players that give the different opinions. Barkley for example for me was good as was Gueye. Barkley has the toughest task to please fans because he has set the bar very high because we know what he is capable of and some expect that every game. So if he doesn't beat 5 players and lash it into the top corner then his performance is not good. Gueye started badly with the pen give away but grew into the game and showed tenacity and some good passing. Now its the very low percentage of wayward passes that some people will judge him by. Football is a blame game now and every goal conceded we will look for a culprit. Every goal we score we will gush about (unless blatant error) and not look at the reason the opposition conceded.

Very much a game of opinions and always up for debate with some being harsh some being over complimentary.

Sticking my neck out here, but I can see this being touted as one of the signings of the season.

Before anyone calls up the men in white coats, hear me out!

Firstly, his fee. £7.6m when you have bang average players going for £20m+ already puts him in a good position relatively speaking.

Secondly, he is a stats man's dream. Anyone has an issue with him being touted? Throw the "most interceptions" line at them.

Thirdly, the press love a narrative. Steve Walsh, Leicester transfer guru, does it again and uncovers the new Kante. The headlines write themselves.

Finally, he is actually a decent player! Affects and influences the game when is on the pitch and very rarely goes missing due to his work rate.

Not saying I think he should be the signing of the season, but I can see him being talked about for it because of the reasons listed above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back