Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
and I was thinking that, remember seeing posts from Villa forums writing they weren't that bothered to lose him....

Well, hands up here - I saw him last season and, while he was their best player, I didn't see anything special.

I was woefully wrong! But I can see why the Villa fans didn't rate him as high as he actually is.

Well, hands up here - I saw him last season and, while he was their best player, I didn't see anything special.

I was woefully wrong! But I can see why the Villa fans didn't rate him as high as he actually is.
Thankless task in a crap team. Must admit I didn't notice him last season but he certainly has impressed me so far. Quality player.

Many said he was a good tackling midfielder but his passing was a little off. I have to say he is one of the best passers in our team so far.

Many said he was a good tackling midfielder but his passing was a little off. I have to say he is one of the best passers in our team so far.

It's his awareness. He knows what's around him at all times, so he doesn't have to take a look around when receiving the ball, giving him more time to get it away.

He's the biggest surprise signing I've seen from Everton in a long time. Took some guts raiding the depths that was Villa for a player, but we've picked a diamond up from that sea of diarrhea.

It's his awareness. He knows what's around him at all times, so he doesn't have to take a look around when receiving the ball, giving him more time to get it away.

He's the biggest surprise signing I've seen from Everton in a long time. Took some guts raiding the depths that was Villa for a player, but we've picked a diamond up from that sea of diarrhea.
I literally saw him covering on one side of the pitch in front of our defensive line then sprint over to the other side as stoke moved the ball around, he did this all through the game. Absolutely astounded by the energy and commitment he has.

To be fair, half of the reason people were so sceptical about this signing will have been due to the expectations of signing players like witsel, carvalho, mata etc. Signing (on paper) a relegated villa player is hardly the same as signing a well known top player.

We obviously lowered our ambitions slightly and began to sign players in the next tier down. Probably on the advice of Walsh.

Gana looks boss and looks a top player already and I hope he can be consistent with these performances.

To be fair, half of the reason people were so sceptical about this signing will have been due to the expectations of signing players like witsel, carvalho, mata etc. Signing (on paper) a relegated villa player is hardly the same as signing a well known top player.

We obviously lowered our ambitions slightly and began to sign players in the next tier down. Probably on the advice of Walsh.

Gana looks boss and looks a top player already and I hope he can be consistent with these performances.
Not sure any of those players would have given us what Gueye has brought to the table in all honesty as well.

Delighted to be proven wrong so far - but I don't think people should be discouraged from posting their opinions of players. That's the point of a forum.

Delighted to be proven wrong so far - but I don't think people should be discouraged from posting their opinions of players. That's the point of a forum.
Completely agree, but one thing we all hold in common as Evertonian's is the delight in how well he is doing.

Mind you - people go way over the top for so early into his Everton career.

I remember signing a defensive midfielder who was much maligned after failing to star for a relegated team - three games in and he was being lauded as the greatest midfielder we'd had in years.
And look at the abuse James McCarthy gets now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back