Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching him, I'm minded that he's the closest we've had to Reidy since, well, Peter Reid.

Exciting that.
I agree, he reminds me a lot of Reidy but let's not heap that sort of pressure on him just yet, Reid is an all time Everton great, Gana has a long way to go but he looks the real deal.

Thought I'd share it this Villa fan on our forum doesn't sound bitter mind

Bless

Running the game against the Sunderlands of this world is hardly a yardstick to compare him.

He started well for us as well but soon lost his consistency. Maybe it was the poor side that he was in? Fabian Delph he is not though.

If he maintains this form then fair play to him. I'll be very surprised if he does though.

Thought I'd share it this Villa fan on our forum doesn't sound bitter mind

Bless

Running the game against the Sunderlands of this world is hardly a yardstick to compare him.

He started well for us as well but soon lost his consistency. Maybe it was the poor side that he was in? Fabian Delph he is not though.

If he maintains this form then fair play to him. I'll be very surprised if he does though.

I know plenty of Villa fans, most of them season ticket holders and they rate him though it's fair to say that his passing ability has taken them by surprise, they put it down to the fact that there was such limited movement around him in a very poor Villa team. However you cut it we have got a bargain, I don't see how or why his performance will drop off unless he picks up a knock, sour grapes.

I'd appreciate it if you'd all keep it down about this lad. We don't want everyone knowing what we've got here.

What an astonishing bit of business it was getting him in for peanuts. Premier League buy of the summer so far, by a mile.

You've got to think he can't keep it going though.

Not even being pessimistic in saying that, given that if he kept this level of form going he'd be quite literally the greatest player the Premier League has ever seen.

Just got to hope his drop off coincides with him being away for the AFCON, then he comes back in form.

I'd appreciate it if you'd all keep it down about this lad. We don't want everyone knowing what we've got here.

What an astonishing bit of business it was getting him in for peanuts. Premier League buy of the summer so far, by a mile.
The whole league knows what we've got here mate.

It is truly amazing that he didn't stand out in that truly hideous Villa side last season though

Not even being pessimistic in saying that, given that if he kept this level of form going he'd be quite literally the greatest player the Premier League has ever seen.

Just got to hope his drop off coincides with him being away for the AFCON, then he comes back in form.

For what its worth his drop off with Aston Villa came midseason where he wanted out and seemed fed up with the rest of the team.

I was thinking exactly the same about Kante this time last year like...

Bloody AFCON though. Good thing is by then is that we should/will be fully settled into how Koeman wants us to play and all the players should just be able to click up into gear.

There's gonna be plenty of rough patches this season though but this start has gone a long way to bringing the confidence back and helping us forget the last few months of RM's era

Gueye just carries on being boss.

The whole league knows what we've got here mate.

It is truly amazing that he didn't stand out in that truly hideous Villa side last season though

It's a weird one.

In a way he did. He was second in a lot of things only behind Kante - who was amazing.

The caveat is Villa had to do so much defending that naturally his stats would be higher.

I think maybe Villa were just so crap it's hard to naturally lift your performance level when the whole team is suffering.

He's come here with a point to prove and that's helped no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back