Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davies? Based on what? A couple of half decent cameos? Done nothing outstanding. Promising I'll grant you, but way over hyped on here for what he's shown so far .
Based on the displays I have seen from him he is undoubtedly energetic, enthusiastic and has loads of bottle? I am not suggesting he is a world beater, simply that he has those qualities so many supposedly experienced pro's appear to have lost?

Anyone think he blundered on Sunday by getting up so quick after that horror tackle? I think he might of saved Rojo from getting a certain red there by getting up so fast, no theatricals needed but 30 seconds on the floor might of made all the diff, which would of done us a favor in the long run.

Anyone think he blundered on Sunday by getting up so quick after that horror tackle? I think he might of saved Rojo from getting a certain red there by getting up so fast, no theatricals needed but 30 seconds on the floor might of made all the diff, which would of done us a favor in the long run.

99% of players would still be rolling round now. The lad is quality.

Strange that Bolaise was rolling round shaking and Martial came back and said something to him in the corner near the Paddock and Gwladys. Many thought he was acting.....clearly he wasn't.

Very very good point mate to be honest .

maybe, but that's just an indication of how abysmal officiating is in this country. If they can't make the correct call on what they see as opposed to the reaction of players then they simply shouldn't be at this level. Madley is terrible, there's nothing about him that belongs in the premier league tbh.

It would be nice of the media to actually acknowledge such good sportsmanship though, i've been feeling we've been on the rough end far too often over the years. I think we give officials an easy time with bad decisions against us, no harassment and yet we seem to be stuck on the wrong side of a lot of horror decisions, it's not something we've ever been paid back. It's poor that football has gone the way that whoever cheats and moans the loudest will be the biggest beneficiary.

It would be nice of the media to actually acknowledge such good sportsmanship though, i've been feeling we've been on the rough end far too often over the years.

True that, for me it was worse then Agueros, which has been a major talking point, but because no one was hurt in the middle table game its been forgot about, lets be honest it was a lucky one that Idrissa wasn't hurt by that. To be honest with Rojo playing for United I thought they might of made more of an issue of out it since Jose kept a low profile giving them no other talking points.

True that, for me it was worse then Agueros, which has been a major talking point, but because no one was hurt in the middle table game its been forgot about, lets be honest it was a lucky one that Idrissa wasn't hurt by that. To be honest with Rojo playing for United I thought they might of made more of an issue of out it since Jose kept a low profile giving them no other talking points.

because we're a nice team and didn't make much of a fuss. A few people around the ref, but he'd already given a card by then. If it was liverpool it would be back page news because reina would have run from spain or wherever he is to remonstrate with the ref.

I can sort of agree with you in comparison to aguero's one. Lunges so high are disgusting tbh, but i don't really see them causing too much damage, they're too high up on the leg to snap it or anything, whereas with rojo's he could have easily snapped gueye's leg in half because of how low it was. At least he was actually going for the ball, unlike aguero, but still, how anyone can vindicate a textbook tackle is by lunging with both feet is beyond me. It was a shocker from the ref, i don't think he gave himself enough thinking time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back