Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morgan just doesn't make the team yet its simple. Gueye is one of our best players and Davies is in fine form. Till one of them dip Morgan will just have to keep getting fit.

Barry is getting on and can't play all games, Davies is still 18 and needs resting occasionally to avoid burnout, schneids needs time to build up his sharpness, Gana will ideally need a bit of down time to fully recover from yhe rigours of intensive tournament football, and Macca provides high grade experienced back up.

We have more depth of quality in that MF thsn anyone else in the league. We have all angles covered and are able to keep things fresh for the run in, and peoples heads are starting to fall off.

We just need RK to manage it properly and call the right shots.

Yeah, sort of like how if Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Ronaldo, Bale etc came back from injury, suspension or another tournament they have to cool their heels on the bench for a few weeks until someone else loses form.

Gueye has been your best player by the length of the English Channel and back, and then you get to Lukaku.

Given your approach, I assume that if Lukaku was at AFCON and came back after Kone popped in a couple of goals in Everton victories whilst Lukaku was away, he'd have to cool his heels on the bench for a few weeks until Kone lost form?

As good as Ghana was playing we weren't doing that well with him in the side. For me, the balance wasn't right. A bit like your post.

Are you comparing Gana to Messi? And Kone to Davies?

While the team is fit, winning and playing well, I wouldn't be keen to see anyone being dropped.

Morgan just doesn't make the team yet its simple. Gueye is one of our best players and Davies is in fine form. Till one of them dip Morgan will just have to keep getting fit.

Schneiderlin will come in for Barry.

Also not sure how wise it would be to just keep Davies in the team until he starts struggling. Needs to be managed carefully, I expect he will be in and out.

Also not sure how wise it would be to just keep Davies in the team until he starts struggling. Needs to be managed carefully, I expect he will be in and out.

This doesn't make much sense mert. You struggle, you sit on the bench. You try harder. You learn some lessons and you either sink or swim.

Nah play him every chance until he is about to drop if he keeps playing the way he is.

I dont care if he burns out later in his career, he probably wont be burning out for us anyway...

Reactions: JLW

This doesn't make much sense mert. You struggle, you sit on the bench. You try harder. You learn some lessons and you either sink or swim.

True to an extent. But I wouldn't say so for an 18 year old playing in central midfield. A massively demanding task physically, and mentally, to ask a kid to dominate premier league games week in week out. He will benefit from being pulled out the limelight now and then, regardless of form.

True to an extent. But I wouldn't say so for an 18 year old playing in central midfield. A massively demanding task physically, and mentally, to ask a kid to dominate premier league games week in week out. He will benefit from being pulled out the limelight now and then, regardless of form.

You run into problems then if you take them out for no real reason other to 'preserve' them, when that's what your paying them for. 16 games to go and you've currently got Barry, Schneiders, McCarthy, Davies, Gueye and Besic on his way back. It's survival of the fittest now and that breeds an ultra competitive unit.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back