Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

...I honestly think the decision to put an extra man in there disrupted the balance. Schneiderlin was also relatively poor. I'd put that whole performance down to the manager getting the tactics wrong.
yes...Koeman bottled it today. He totally disrupted what had been a well functioning mid field unit. What is it about Everton that causes footballing erectile dysfunction in its managers?

yes...Koeman bottled it today. He totally disrupted what had been a well functioning mid field unit. What is it about Everton that causes footballing erectile dysfunction in its managers?

..to be fair he tried something different. Sometimes it backfires. Today it did. Folk were critical of Martinez that he didn't have a plan B. I thought Barry looked off the pace, it might be an indication that at his age he'll lose his edge without game time.

..to be fair he tried something different. Sometimes it backfires. Today it did. Folk were critical of Martinez that he didn't have a plan B. I thought Barry looked off the pace, it might be an indication that at his age he'll lose his edge without game time.
...but things weren't broke so what needed fixing? Yes, he tried something different and you are right; it backfired. But why entertain the possibility of a backfire by tinkering with a purring engine?

...but things weren't broke so what needed fixing? Yes, he tried something different and you are right; it backfired. But why entertain the possibility of a backfire by tinkering with a purring engine?

...I suppose this is what coaches do, he clearly thought it was a way to thwart Spurs and our normal shape might leave us open. Hero if it comes off, idiot if it doesn't.

...I suppose this is what coaches do, he clearly thought it was a way to thwart Spurs and our normal shape might leave us open. Hero if it comes off, idiot if it doesn't.
that is all very well. I guess what nonplussed me was the fact that clearly, by halftime, his tinkerings had manifestly failed. Yet nothing was done in the break to redress the failure.

Koeman was a deer/possum/rabbit in the headlights today...poor from a manager getting paid what he is.

that is all very well. I guess what nonplussed me was the fact that clearly, by halftime, his tinkerings had manifestly failed. Yet nothing was done in the break to redress the failure.

Koeman was a deer/possum/rabbit in the headlights today...poor from a manager getting paid what he is.

...yep, was thinking that at half-time but perhaps he thought 1-0 with 20mins to go and I'll go for it. I'm not defending him, I'm trying to understand his logic but he did get it wrong.

He's still boss Spurs are no joke in possession the whole team struggled with the high pressure seems to be our achilles heel crying out for more composure at the back

...yep, was thinking that at half-time but perhaps he thought 1-0 with 20mins to go and I'll go for it. I'm not defending him, I'm trying to understand his logic but he did get it wrong.
yes mate, in essence, we are both singing from the same choir sheet. What kind of annoys me though, is that we were a form team coming into this fixture and he changed a winning formula...and the reality (i.e. we lost badly) configures failure. And back on topic, so did Idrissa fail...as a result of Koeman's decisions regarding set up.
I appreciate we are all millionaires in hindsight, but , as we say in the markets, 'the trend is your friend'...and Koeman went short in a rising market.
And me and you, as Everton supporters, are the poorer for it.
Koeman gets paid 100K a week(!!) to get things right...he failed badly today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back