If Everton had the capacity to spend in January...

If Everton had the capacity to spend in January... should Benitez/Brands be allowed to spend it?

• Yes

• No

• Just want to see the poll results lad

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
And your Moshiri, considering FFP restrictions - would you let Brands/Benitez spend it in January?

Thinking back to the January when we signed Tosun/Walcott under a short term/interim manager in Allardyce and a DoF who was on borrowed time. It's that type of decision making that has got us into a right mess.

Benitez feels a short term appointment.
Brands... well, we don't know.

Is the objective/expectation this season to prevent freefall/accept midtable obscurity again?

If that's the case, doesn't it make sense to keep any budget until the following summer window?

And your Moshiri, considering FFP restrictions - would you let Brands/Benitez spend it in January?

Thinking back to the January when we signed Tosun/Walcott under a short term/interim manager in Allardyce and a DoF who was on borrowed time. It's that type of decision making that has got us into a right mess.

Brands... well, we don't know.

Is the objective/expectation this season to prevent freefall/accept midtable obscurity again?

If that's the case, doesn't it make sense to keep any budget until the following summer window?
If it's any of that then God no. But we may HAVE too, just to stay kinda relevant for this season, and let's face it, we really need some players.

The implication being that the choice is let Benitez spend, or sack Benitez?

Because honestly, I think that's what it comes down to. The window we spend in - January or summer - is less material than who spends the money. Despite the arguments about value for money in January.

Personally, I think this is a rough patch Benitez will get through, and things will start to pick up again. I'd rather Benitez, as a manager who has seen the weaknesses in the squad first hand, has a say in patching those holes, as opposed to a whole new manager who would need to learn the same hard truths about the squad.

I'm discounting Brands in this discussion, because he's either doing badly, or not being allowed to be a Director of Football. Like you say, we don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back