If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets pull a Solskjaer and bring in Solskjaer if he doesn't get the Man U job.
This. Smashing it at Man U, but reading about him, it's the way he's gone about it that impresses me. Gets a good feeling around the club again, and plays the right kind of football.

I'd be up for Ole to come here if Silva leaves (which I wouldn't want him too yet). For me I would just love to see Jose running down the line to Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool fans shutting them up. He has a point to prove after a rough ride and will want one more stab at the Prem

This. Smashing it at Man U, but reading about him, it's the way he's gone about it that impresses me. Gets a good feeling around the club again, and plays the right kind of football.
"He may have promised a more exciting style, but under Solskjaer the Bluebirds slipped into the Premier League's bottom three for the first time and never recovered, finishing bottom.
The results were shocking - 3-0 at Swansea, 6-3against Liverpool, 3-0 defeats against Crystal Palaceand Newcastle and 4-0 losses to Hull and Sunderland."

Solskjaer has done nothing to impress me imo, United have somehow been handed a miracle fixture list when Mourinho got sacked and faced absolute bottom tier garbage teams the only decent team they've played since Mourinho sacked were Spurs and they should have won that easily if they didn't shoot everything straight at De Gea.

I wouldn't underestimate footballing, cultural, and language differences with any manager from abroad.

Not being ageist, but the older the individual, the more pronounced these issues are likely to be.

I'm not entirely surprised by Sarri's problems at Chelsea for these reasons.

A candidate like Gasperini, who has spent all of his career in Italy under modest pressure wouldn't inspire me greatly, I have to say, when faced with the particular pressures our job brings.

But like you say, that's a minimum. Allardyce was happy to give us the minimum because he didn't care what we thought about him and he knew he'd be on his way regardless. How long will we accept the minimum for from a new manager though? I'm not defending Silva but if you'd asked in the summer the majority of people would have said yes they would accept being 9th at this stage of the season, the reality is they won't though, hence the current sentiment.
Allardyce had his very obvious limitations,but his side going to Cardiff,I'd be confident of at least a point.

Allardyce had his very obvious limitations,but his side going to Cardiff,I'd be confident of at least a point.
Yeah I know what you mean, but part of that is just our projection of him rather than based on any real facts. We think of him being a solid type who'd set us up properly, but the truth is we were lucky to draw away at both Swansea and West Brom who were relegated last year, and were turned over at Watford, West Ham, Burnley (who hadn't won a game for about 4 years) etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back