If we were going to put up a 2nd statue at GP - which would you choose and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

everton_tony

Player Valuation: £500k
Obviously spend a lot of time around Goodison Park and am very proud of our Dixie and his statue.

We got thinking about who we would make a statue of next......

Who do you think and why?

kendal,ball, and harvey, with the catt just because there all great and it would be are two best managers are greatest midfield and are best world class player of modern times, if just one bally

Last edited:
kenwright in the boys pen
or
david moyes lifting a cup

one never happenened and one will never happen

p.s. or could we have moyes lifting an LMA manager award, we need to start including them in our role of honours?

No, this is a serious thread, and as such should be given more respect.

Alan Ball maybe. The Holy Trinity? They're well before my time, but perhaps we still deserve to recognise them.

I only started following Everton this year. I'm from Buffalo New York, and after watching the World Cup and seeing the ties that Howard and Donovan had to the EPL, I chose Everton because of those player's linkage to Everton and the similarities between my local US football and hockey teams in club management.

With that said, and after reading up on some of Everton's past heroes - I would choose Southall.

Didn't he have some sort of meeting with the goalpost at halftime and request all sorts of transfers before finally winning his first cup?

If anyone personifies Evertonian persistance, wouldn't it be Neville?

Just one observation from a "Blue Newb".

A version of this..

images

Or this...

images

To be fair I don't think we've ever had another player get close to Dixie's status. And I'd feel having another statue would imply some kind of parity, when clearly Dean is peerless. Maybe I'm being irrational, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.