Confirmed Signing Iliman Ndiaye

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems quite expensive to me.

I’d have thought we’d have paid a lot less than Marseille did. I think they signed him for £20m. I know he’s young, but for me we’re paying about €5m too much for the lad (if we’re paying €18.5m+€1.5m add ons = £17m

Strange to me as well, if they are clearly willing to offload him after a single season and it hasn't worked out for whatever reason there, I would have thought the buying club would have the upper hand. I assume there are PSR considerations for Marseille as well so maybe we are paying his book value with roughly one years amortization factored in.

It does seem a high fee though, and for a club in our position. Gone are the days where you could pick up an Arteta or Pienaar for relative buttons.

Strange to me as well, if they are clearly willing to offload him after a single season and it hasn't worked out for whatever reason there, I would have thought the buying club would have the upper hand. I assume there are PSR considerations for Marseille as well so maybe we are paying his book value with roughly one years amortization factored in.

It does seem a high fee though, and for a club in our position. Gone are the days where you could pick up an Arteta or Pienaar for relative buttons.
3 to 4m a year over 5 years. Looks like the reports we were psr compliant before the Dobbin sale were true.

It beats not dribbling at all and then misplacing a pass out for a throwing, though.

Yes, I'm for it.

I've been asking for a player who can get high up the pitch from midfield.

I'm not sure if he's a Dyche-type player.

That signing surprise me and might indicate the transfers are out of his hands completely.

You'd hope Everton has erred on the side of caution if they thought they were only needing £5m brought in to be FFP compliant. Knowing how the Premier League chops, changes and makes up its own rules, fingers crossed the club has ensured we're comfortably clear of any threshold amount, so if they thought £5m.. £10m or more to be safe.

Thelwell must know something that I don't regarding this lad. His stats are not impressive enough to be spending €18M on him. I don't get this one at all.

I always thought that Sheffield Utd selling him was what done for their chances of staying up last season. But on the contrary his goal record for Marseille is very poor and that's against weaker opposition than we will be facing. So not sure it's a great signing if it happens.

Very surprised we can afford a deal like this. Especially pre 30 June.

I'm kind of assuming there is a deal in place for Onana to go after the tournament, and we are getting deals in place early. At least I hope that's the plan.
Almost certainly the case...and Branthwaite.

5 year contract = pretty much the same as we are paying for Tim in PSR sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back