Confirmed Signing Iliman Ndiaye

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm correct in saying that only 3 mil will gon on this year's PSR? Ignoring wages, just fee and assuming it is a 5 year deal as per reports.

Which was my original point to @ToffeeTim
Amortisation is spread evenly over the contract length up to a maximum of five years for PSR so if he signed for £15m today the amortisation in 23/24 would likely be ignored as immaterial (c. £40k) and the fee would be amortised at £3m pa from 24/25 to 28/29 on a five year deal so…yes 😉

The writer is taking liberties. The amount paid has nothing to do with anything. It can be paid up front, over 2 years, 5 years, 15 years...doesn't matter in terms of amortization and PSR.

The proper way for him to write it is:

In contrast, the fee is expensed - using an accounting practice called amortisation - over the length of the contract.

Okay mate, in your interpretation of the information, if we sign this kid for 15 mil today, how much goes on the 23/24 PSR sheet for Everton?

Better than beating around meaning of words and all that.

See my BBC link above mate, I here you on the cash flow part like.
I think by now you get that the BBC link you posted was irrelevant. Ignore payment timings. Look at fee and contract length and timing of the contract signing to get amortisation correct. Simples.

Okay mate, in your interpretation of the information, if we sign this kid for 15 mil today, how much goes on the 23/24 PSR sheet for Everton?

Better than beating around meaning of words and all that.

If it's a 5 year deal, either 250k (15,000,000/60) or nothing.

No, this fiscal year ends in 5 days. Depending on the accounting policy, we'll book one month of the amortization, or none at all.

So we are agreed that this transfer, if it happens of course, has little to no effect on the 23/24 PSR calculation for Everton?

Again, I take your point about cashflow. And that Beto will have had an impact on the PSR calculation for this year.

No, this fiscal year ends in 5 days. Depending on the accounting policy, we'll book one month of the amortization, or none at all.
Correct, and it is more likely to be the month after signing to start amortisation as the principle is to match the ‘use’ of the asset and the amortisation. It does at Spurs and Chelsea as a fact (as I know both their former FDs).

So we are agreed that this transfer, if it happens of course, has little to no effect on the 23/24 PSR calculation for Everton?

Again, I take your point about cashflow. And that Beto will have had an impact on the PSR calculation for this year.

Correct, little or no effect for 6/30/24. Beto's contract will have been amortized since the day it was signed, so yes it will affect the numbers for 6/30/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back