Confirmed Signing Iliman Ndiaye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is Pride Month.

pixlr-image-generator-832c6d43-b015-4c6e-87f9-a52fda2fa68a.png
I like that these lads are holding hands and walking in different directions.

That doesn't impact the PSR position. The fee is the fee regardless of the payment plan

Well this is the "loophole" people are talking about. When we sold Dobbin for 10 mil, in reality Villa will be paying us in installments but we are able to put 10 mil on this year's books.

When it comes to players you sign, so we're signing this fella for 15 mil on a 5 year deal, so we only have to put 3 mil on this year's books. And then again for the next 4 years.

That doesn't impact the PSR position. The fee is the fee regardless of the payment plan

Also the payment plan does matter, again see Beto, his fee won't impact PSR until next financial year as payment is not due until then. And by next financial year I mean July onwards.

Well this is the "loophole" people are talking about. When we sold Dobbin for 10 mil, in reality Villa will be paying us in installments but we are able to put 10 mil on this year's books.

When it comes to players you sign, so we're signing this fella for 15 mil on a 5 year deal, so we only have to put 3 mil on this year's books. And then again for the next 4 years.

We actually put very little, if any, on the books for 6/30/2024. Signing him before 6/30/2024 will have a negligible effect on PSR.

Also the payment plan does matter, again see Beto, his fee won't impact PSR until next financial year as payment is not due until then. And by next financial year I mean July onwards.
This is incorrect. The amortisation of his transfer fee started from the first day of his contract because it was an outright purchase not a conditional loan. The timing of the payments is irrelevant to the P&L and hence the PSR accounting. Sorry to be the boring chartered accountant on this but it matters and it does not help other fans when people confidently express incorrect accounting opinions.

I will now do penance for the sin of being an FCA. Where are my rosary beads?

The whole fee is recognised for accounting purposes when the contract is signed.

The fact we only pay later is a cash flow benefit.

This is incorrect. The amortisation of his transfer fee started from the first day of his contract because it was an outright purchase not a conditional loan. The timing of the payments is irrelevant to the P&L and hence the PSR accounting. Sorry to be the boring chartered accountant on this but it matters and it does not help other fans when people confidently express incorrect accounting opinions.

I will now do penance for the sin of being an FCA. Where are my rosary beads?

This isn't me trying to be an accountant mate, it's verbatim repeating stuff I've seen reported

"The Athletic interestingly add that Everton will not have to make a payment for Beto until the next financial year. Everton’s latest set of accounts suggest this means a payment won’t be made until July 2024 as their last financial year ended on 30 June 2022."

https://www.[Publication is blackli...interestingly add that,ended on 30 June 2022.

This isn't me trying to be an accountant mate, it's verbatim repeating stuff I've seen reported

"The Athletic interestingly add that Everton will not have to make a payment for Beto until the next financial year. Everton’s latest set of accounts suggest this means a payment won’t be made until July 2024 as their last financial year ended on 30 June 2022."

That's payment, cash.

Amortization starts when his contract starts, that's the PSR number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back