Confirmed Signing Iliman Ndiaye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardy at Fleetwood and DCL was at Scarborough I think.
DCL played for Stalybridge Celtic (from Sheff Utd).

An ex-player that springs to my mind is Stuart Barlow who was playing Sunday League and I think working in Asda until he signed for us aged 21? Had great pace but unfortunately not the finesse in front of goal.

If Ndiaye signs for us, hope he proves to be a success.

Anyone who has any sort of pedigree that’s acceptable to this forum we’d never be able to buy. I mean unless you’re Haaland or Mbappe then this forum is probably going to declare you a complete donkey from a farmer’s league before you’ve even kicked a ball.
But could mbappe do it on a cold, rainy Tuesday night in stoke?

He’s not physical enough in their air for us. Also Haaland has a fat first touch. We can do better, sort it out Thelwell ffs.
I mean saying im 50/50 about a player I have never seen kick a ball based on him playing in The championship and Ligue Da Farmers isnt really saying hes not good enough.

But keep plugging away champ.

Your mate Kev spunked 60m on Beto, Chermo and Maupay, so forgive me for having a few doubts about his "cooking".

I mean saying im 50/50 about a player I have never seen kick a ball based on him playing in The championship and Ligue Da Farmers isnt really saying hes not good enough.

Your mate Kev spunked 60m on Beto, Chermo and Maupay, so forgive me for having a few doubts about his "cooking".

You said he has no pedigree. He’s played in Ligue un and the champions league for a decent Marseille team. He’s a Senegal international who played in the knockouts of the World Cup and will go to the African cup of nations.

What exactly is your level for a player having ‘pedigree’ because if it’s slotting regularly for a top team in one of the big European leagues then Everton ain’t buying them.

Anyone who has any sort of pedigree that’s acceptable to this forum we’d never be able to buy. I mean unless you’re Haaland or Mbappe then this forum is probably going to declare you a complete donkey from a farmer’s league before you’ve even kicked a ball.

That is the market we do most of our shopping though!

This doesn't inspire me too much....
Ndiaye, 24, scored four goals in 46 games for the club last season after joining from Sheffield United for £20m.

Taken from the Everton BBC page.

You said he has no pedigree. He’s played in Ligue un and the champions league for a decent Marseille team. He’s a Senegal international who played in the knockouts of the World Cup and will go to the African cup of nations.

What exactly is your level for a player having ‘pedigree’ because if it’s slotting regularly for a top team in one of the big European leagues then Everton ain’t buying them.
Its funny you mention Senegal, hes scored 2 goals in 20 games for them.

Look, again, I have never once seen this lad kick a ball.

I like that he had good digits in the Championship, but I dont like that he went to France and flopped and as above, his International record isnt great, but I said I was 50/50, based on all that.

If the lad signs, I will judge him on how he plays for us and im hopeful that he does ok, people who have seen him play him are big fans.

Beto had no pedigree, neither did Onana, 1 we would probably give away and the other now has a very good pedigree and is worth zillions.

Its funny you mention Senegal, hes scored 2 goals in 20 games for them.

Look, again, I have never once seen this lad kick a ball.

I like that he had good digits in the Championship, but I dont like that he went to France and flopped and as above, his International record isnt great, but I said I was 50/50, based on all that.

If the lad signs, I will judge him on how he plays for us and im hopeful that he does ok, people who have seen him play him are big fans.

Beto had no pedigree, neither did Onana, 1 we would probably give away and the other now has a very good pedigree and is worth zillions.

So again what is your definition of pedigree, and would Everton be able to buy anyone who fits that definition?

So again what is your definition of pedigree, and would Everton be able to buy anyone who fits that definition?
Yes mate.

Richarlison, Gomes, Allan, Hamez, Doucs and so on.

You have taken the word pedigree as a negative, but we REALLY should be signing these players.

Cos as you point out, when they get pedigree, they are mostly out of our price range.

He will offer us a different option at ten than Doucs, he's an exciting dribbler with quick feet I like him he won't score tons of goals but could create alot of others in terms of space and on counter attacks. We need that right winger and probably a target man too

His age and track record definitely give pause. Appears Marseille are taking a loss after one year. Hope he pans out, lucky for him if he can’t score he’s come to the right club. Just bring your track shoes.

He’s a fairly good player and will improve us G. That’s pretty much the bar at this point. My bigger worry is he won’t have a striker to support.

He’s a fairly good player and will improve us G. That’s pretty much the bar at this point. My bigger worry is he won’t have a striker to support.
I ride Doucs a lot, like most, but he's scored some important goals for us.

You never know, The Gaffer has the option of playing this fella at 10 and Doucs at 8 at times.

Totally suboptimal I think, but it's there.

But anyway, I should probably stop talking about a player I've never watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back