Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Confirmed Signing Iliman Ndiaye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played more as a supporting striker or winger rather than the big cheese himself. So not too concerned about 4 goals, but you'd still expect a little more contribution. The hope is that he does look a decent footballer, and that it will click here and his attributes benefit the team. Hopefully it's just a case that Marseille hasn't worked out for him or them. Plenty of players have had ability and it hasn't clicked somewhere.

Arteta and Pienaar are the prime examples of why we shouldn't write him off. There are probaly as many success stories as there are not working out stories as well. Nobody should be writing him off, he looked very very promosing at Sheff Utd and while the standard of football is a tad lower, its just as physical. Also nobody should be claiming hes the Saviour as he still needs to prove himself.

Very much a wait and see in my eyes. Let's hope it works out.

And yet Auba scored 20 goals or so.

Was he doing keep ups on the halfway line and volleying em in from 60 yards?
Good players score goals, all the creative players posted similar stats, lets face it Goat, he is going to get benched for Doucoure anyway isn't he.

Played more as a supporting striker or winger rather than the big cheese himself. So not too concerned about 4 goals, but you'd still expect a little more contribution. The hope is that he does look a decent footballer, and that it will click here and his attributes benefit the team. Hopefully it's just a case that Marseille hasn't worked out for him or them. Plenty of players have had ability and it hasn't clicked somewhere.

Arteta and Pienaar are the prime examples of why we shouldn't write him off. There are probaly as many success stories as there are not working out stories as well. Nobody should be writing him off, he looked very very promosing at Sheff Utd and while the standard of football is a tad lower, its just as physical. Also nobody should be claiming hes the Saviour as he still needs to prove himself.

Very much a wait and see in my eyes. Let's hope it works out.
Good players score goals, all the creative players posted similar stats, lets face it Goat, he is going to get benched for Doucoure anyway isn't he.
I posted his stats yesterday, other than his assists and goals, they do seem quite decent.

543.webp

I posted his stats yesterday, other than his assists and goals, they do seem quite decent.

View attachment 262196

I do think you will be of a smiilar mind Goat, i think you posted yesterday with hte break down of what positions it was. 34 as a striker and something like 39-40 as an 'attacking forward (winger, number 10/second striker).

Stats can be useful and give a rough idea, but ultimately, we know from our own team, stats can be misleading. We know DCL doesnt score that many goals but yet the vast majority of us can recognise just how important he was to the team.

For me, having seen a bit of him at Sheff Utd, and the clips on youtube. He looks like his attributes (his pace, trickyness and taking a man on) will come in handy for us. It's not a ridiculous fee.

There is no guarantee, all I ever want for a signing is to see what the thinking is behind it. Some players work out, some don't. I can DEFINATELY see the thought process here, he can cover four positions, he has pace which we are crying out for.

View attachment 262196
If we get him in early and Dyche is actually going to play him then he could be really good for us just in behind a striker (whoever that is) He is in the 90th percentile for Pass completion %, Progressive Carries, and Successful Take-Ons, all important things for that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back