Confirmed Signing Iliman Ndiaye

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will always been bargains to be found, Matty.

The problem, as always, is finding them.

you mean “us”

finding them 😂

if we look at brighton for finding these type

we simply have to go and rob david weir

but we tried didn’t a few years back and he said no!

he’s well like “phew”

And I’ve just looked, our transfers over £20m are pretty appalling generally.

(Ignore James as he didn’t cost £22m).

But I’d argue 5 maybe 6 at most could be deemed successful and not disappointing (and some would argue with me about a few of them).

View attachment 262959
That really is a sobering list. Gbamin probably the worst in terms of value/loss, although that was terrible luck really. After that I'd say Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Walcott and Tosun are runners up, although obviously the Gylfi cost and instant zero value could be argued to up there too. He did play quite a few games though and wasn't useless on the pitch... (probably better leave it at that). Klassen was also a bit of a disaster. It really is no wonder we're skint when you look at that

you mean “us”

finding them 😂

if we look at brighton for finding these type

we simply have to go and rob david weir

but we tried didn’t a few years back and he said no!

he’s well like “phew”
Said yes,
Till kenwrights opened his mouth and spilled the story out before he had a chance to sort the Brighton end out and inform them.
Then stayed were he was as he felt let down.

Said yes,
Till kenwrights opened his mouth and spilled the story out before he had a chance to sort the Brighton end out and inform them.
Then stayed were he was as he felt let down.

oh i thought he rejected us?

he’s probably dodged a huge bullet tho

BK again ffs don’t like talking il of the dead but he’s proper torn this club 50 mill years backwards and more will come out

I hope the late player announcements, late kit announcements are a thing of the past under the new owners, it's so ancient.

oh i thought he rejected us?

he’s probably dodged a huge bullet tho

BK again ffs don’t like talking il of the dead but he’s proper torn this club 50 mill years backwards and more will come out
Didn't knock us back mate.
He was house hunting in the area his daughter was at are womens academy ,
So would have been ideal.
she has moved to a Glasgow team on loan not sure if that's still the case .
That's what was doing the rounds at the time.
He is the technical director at Brighton.
Ashworth that's going to united from Newcastle was supposed to be the brains behind the scouting network.

That really is a sobering list. Gbamin probably the worst in terms of value/loss, although that was terrible luck really. After that I'd say Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Walcott and Tosun are runners up, although obviously the Gylfi cost and instant zero value could be argued to up there too. He did play quite a few games though and wasn't useless on the pitch... (probably better leave it at that). Klassen was also a bit of a disaster. It really is no wonder we're skint when you look at that
I thought Klassen was going to be brilliant as well. He was Ajax captain so I thought it was a no brainer.
I think there are still good deals to be had on championship players. Wharton for Palace was a good deal. Also the Coventry striker we were linked with last summer has done well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back