2024/25 Iliman Ndiaye

In his words he says he prefers a midfielder in there rather than a forward. I'm not sure if that showed 2nd half or it was just because him and McNeil were in each other's way too much in the first.

Yes… then he prefers to have an extra defender in mid, and then the wide mids he prefers second full backs and at full back he prefers players that used to be good 12 years ago ….

…..he gives us something different and demonstrated last night why we purchased him.

Unsurprisingly, he’ll offer much more than Doucoure when in possession but he also has a willingness to work when the opposition have the ball.
His pressing in the first half was abysmal. Half hearted jog at best and we had difficulties with team press. I reckon Dyche gave him an earful and he improved second half.

Good footballer, my worry for him is that he is, by no means, a Dyche player. His best position is behind the striker and I very much fear that most games Dyche will prefer Doucoure, Harrison or McNeil there, in that order. It's a great shame, but, work rate and tracking back are far more important to Dyche than creativity and the odd moment of magic. That's why Dyche's teams always struggle to score goals.

It is a shame that dyche will play Harrison and McNeil over this lad this season. I hope he is used to 10 minutes cameos here and there because dyche is never dropping his favourites. Even doucoure will be in the team before him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back