2024/25 Iliman Ndiaye

His pressing in the first half was abysmal. Half hearted jog at best and we had difficulties with team press. I reckon Dyche gave him an earful and he improved second half.
Playing him central in his best position 2nd half we can all see the benefits.

But yanno Dyche sticks him on the wing & puts McNeil centre in the 1st half.

Who'd have thought playing your players in their correct position actually works.

Dyche will soon have the turning on a sixpence and driving at defenders coached out of him. Expecting slow, ponderous passes back into defence and his first touch being backwards within a handful of games.

It is a shame that dyche will play Harrison and McNeil over this lad this season. I hope he is used to 10 minutes cameos here and there because dyche is never dropping his favourites. Even doucoure will be in the team before him.
He's an exciting player, but there's a reason that Doucoure, Harrison and McNeil get played by Dyche, they press and work hard defensively. Hopefully Ndiaye can do that too

He's an exciting player, but there's a reason that Doucoure, Harrison and McNeil get played by Dyche, they press and work hard defensively. Hopefully Ndiaye can do that too
That's all being based on Dyche's reasoning being fit and proper. We've only seen glimpses of him, but I like the look of Ndiaye a lot - he plays on the front foot.

We need creativity and goals, and to some extent we set up to play on the counter, and I think his pace, direct play and his footwork will suit that.

I'm not saying he shouldn't press or whatnot, rather I hope Dyche doesn't shackle him to fit the wider model, which I think he's done to Harrison to some extent.

We see that at Bournemouth, all players hard working against the ball, but then also have the pace and creativity to fast transistions. They play a bit higher line than us surely.

I see an element in him to combine both. The first goal this spring against us was examplary, they scored often like this. Semenyo won the ball 30m in front of their goal.

Last edited:
They do and we lose a lot of games whilst they do, so perhaps the answer is not play midfield players based on their defensive capabilities if we are poor defensively still and not scoring goals?

Playing him central in his best position 2nd half we can all see the benefits.

But yanno Dyche sticks him on the wing & puts McNeil centre in the 1st half.

Who'd have thought playing your players in their correct position actually works.
It was actually the opposite, ironically. He was central in the first half, on the left in the second.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back