2024/25 Iliman Ndiaye

He's an exciting player, but there's a reason that Doucoure, Harrison and McNeil get played by Dyche, they press and work hard defensively. Hopefully Ndiaye can do that too
He was working back as well at one point he was the furthest player back, I’d rather a player good going forward not work back but give us a bit of quality going forward, hopefully he drops one of the 3 crabs you mention and gives him a chance, let’s not forget last nights opponent so although he had a decent game the league is another story.

He did something doucoure is never ever doing regardless of the opposition. Doucoure cant run 5 yards with the ball without losing control. Let alone go past the defender.
Can we start moving away from plodders who "press" and start selecting players who give our opponents a problem by running at them with some kind of intent and ability.
Will be so dyche if doucoure is picked on sat and this lad watching from the sidelines.

Can’t see Dyche dropping McNeil or Doucoure. He would probably bench Mbappe and Bellingham over his two favourites. Think the only one who he would drop is Harrison. Would love to see Ndiaye start left wing or as a 10 on Saturday though.

Might work well with Lindstrom looking better as a 10. Ndiaye one side, Lindstrom 10, Harrison the other.
This is what I was hoping to see last night. Feel Lindstrom should've got an opportunity to move more centrally as the game progressed, with Harrison (if he had started) moving over to the right for a bit.

Can’t see Dyche dropping McNeil or Doucoure. He would probably bench Mbappe and Bellingham over his two favourites. Think the only one who he would drop is Harrison. Would love to see Ndiaye start left wing or as a 10 on Saturday though.

Doucoure has been the first player pulled in both PL matches, correct? I don't think his grip on his spot is at iron clad is everyone thinks.

Doucoure has been the first player pulled in both PL matches, correct? I don't think his grip on his spot is at iron clad is everyone thinks.
True. Douc has been a big player for us over the years but feel like he looks more limited than ever these first couple of games.

First half played well if nothing spectacular but unlike Doucourre, was actually able to control balls played up to him and turn or retain possession.

Second half thought he looked more dangerous off the left and had some real good moments. I’d have him on the left, try McNeil in the centre and I suppose Harrison right with DCL upfront.

Looks the type of player we’ve not had for a while….Dyche won’t play him, obviously, still learning about the league and all that…

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back