In all seriousness, this derby record: WTF are we going to do about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It summed us up when some fans were actually pleased when we lost that League Cup semi to Man City 2 years ago because we already knew we'd be playing Liverpool in the final had we got there and many Blues couldn't face that prospect.

A massive change in mentality is needed throughout the club when it comes to them.

And they've hardly been vintage Liverpool sides during this 16 game run without a victory against them.
Fans/Players/Management's mentality has to change. On here before the game people were already defeated!!!!!

Fans/Players/Management's mentality has to change. On here before the game people were already defeated!!!!!

Who can blame us fans for feeling like that? We are usually dreadful in these games. As if us bouncing in with supreme confidence will change things. We'll just look like bigger divvies when we get our inevitable defeat.

Best example of this was Martinez's first derby at Anfield. I bet this board was littered with people predicting an Everton victory. Look how that turned out.

LFC have been much richer and able to buy much better players for 30 years. The media choose to focus on why we cannot beat them and never seem to mention this imbalance really. However, these days they are struggling to compete with City, Man U & Chelsea. Their peer group now is Spurs and Arsenal. We are not in that group and won't be until we get things better with our recruitment, which in turns leads to better results and a change in mentality. We have not really had a true leader in the squad since Cahill when we were much more competitive, especially at home than we have been in recent years. Cahill had that team believing they could compete no matter what the form was going into the games - true Aussie mentality and we need a bit more of that in the side alongside better footballers.

We will all be there to cheer them on against WBA in the next home game.

The players, manager, and board will just conclude, 'no problem, these schmucks will turn up to watch any old crap'.

One of the most saddest parts personally is my RS mates don't even text me in droves anymore winding me up. They either feel bad or are apathetic. Not that I eagerly await the radical bantz but it's still sad.

Reactions: JLW
It makes no sense really, because only Baines and jags, in this team, would be scarred by many losses over years, and with entirely new personnel otherwise, why is there a lack of confidence?
It's like Tottenham vs Arsenal where Spurs have this boss, young team, with nothing weighing them down, still keep losing to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back