Is Europe a Shout Next Season

Passports out and ready??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Without the deductions we are only three wins and a draw away from it now.

Realistically, we perhaps could only have missed it by one point this time round by the season’s end.

About as fair a shout as having attacking full backs in a Dyche team.
Ashley Young used to be, but he's in age that could have fathered almost half of the squad. Trippier maybe the only one that comes to mind in the Dyche time.

In our squad??? Who's the potential for a good attacking full back??? Patterson at most, maybe Garner. Mykolenko rather has his strength in the defensive side.

But going Europe, not without major investments done, with 19/20 of manager we could replace.

Last edited:
I mean... I'd say staying up next season is a huge achievement.

Can't spend money, likely to be losing at least Onana, Branthwaite and Gana, Young, Coleman, Harrison, Danjuma... we're more or less going to be threadbare.

Any major injuries and we'll be struggling. Huge improvement and a very impressive one at that, but more of the same incoming I fear.

Ashley Young used to be, but he's in age that could have fathered almost half of the squad. Trippier maybe the only one that comes to mind in the Dyche time.

In our squad??? Who's the potential for a good attacking full back??? Patterson at most, maybe Garner. Mykolenko rather has his strength in the defensive side.

But going Europe, not without major investments done, with 19/20 of manager we could replace.
He doesn't use attacking full backs in the Prem and always goes after defend first ones.

Important point is "in the Prem", however - Trippier was assisting for fun in the Championship but reverted to 3 assists in 38 games in the Prem every single time. Don't think it's some wacky coincidence.

Why do people always start these absolutely insane threads after a couple of wins? The financial muscle of 10 or so clubs now dwarves what we can do since we are still recovering and they're either state owned or have managed their finances excellently. Heck, even clubs like Palace and Bournemouth are in strong places to push next summer. It's going to be extremely competitive and it seems like it's going to be another bargain bin summer so I think c. 10th-14th is another realistic aim for us as a club.

If it's a weak league again next season, I'd be hopeful of a comfortable 12-14th at best.

If the promoted clubs give a decent account of themselves, I'd expect another relegation battle.

Why do people always start these absolutely insane threads after a couple of wins? The financial muscle of 10 or so clubs now dwarves what we can do since we are still recovering and they're either state owned or have managed their finances excellently. Heck, even clubs like Palace and Bournemouth are in strong places to push next summer. It's going to be extremely competitive and it seems like it's going to be another bargain bin summer so I think c. 10th-14th is another realistic aim for us as a club.
because there's enough to be depressed about and it's not exactly a life or death scenario to dream a little

I think it’s a distinct possibility, however I expect Dyche will need to swap the tracksuit for shorts and a bucket hat if we are to have any serious chance.
Or maybe we could hire the tracksuit!? Drape it over the hot seat on match day
Would probably pay it 9mil/yr knowing our clown show though

Nope. Going to need a squad overhaul due to ageing players, out of contract players and seeking one of our best players.

Then add on whatever deductions we receive next year.