Transfer Rumour Ishak Belfodil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks a messy situation, though I recall in the summer Witsel had several representatives all saying contradictory things and looking for a slice of the pie. All very unsavoury.

It seems prudent to cultivate good relations with agents who can be helpful to us down the line but we either want to sign this guy or not - I don't see how Henrotay can add anything to this for our benefit, as his "fee" would have to come out of someone elses pocket, not Everton's as we are hardly haggling to increase agent fees for this transfer.

It's a murky world.

I'm not suggesting this is the case, but this is essentially how it would work:

Everton inform the player they're willing to sign him as long as he fires his agent and signs with Henrotay. So the agent fee that would go to the player's current representative instead goes Henrotay.

Again, I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but smaller agents get pushed out of the way in similar situations all the time. It also works in reverse, where a player gets shafted because his agent has no leverage. Rough business.

I'm not suggesting this is the case, but this is essentially how it would work:

Everton inform the player they're willing to sign him as long as he fires his agent and signs with Henrotay. So the agent fee that would go to the player's current representative instead goes Henrotay.

Again, I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but smaller agents get pushed out of the way in similar situations all the time. It also works in reverse, where a player gets shafted because his agent has no leverage. Rough business.

I don,t like it one bit especially if agents have potentially very close relationship with club executives who can steer club money from a smaller agent to Prefereed agent...allegedly

I don,t like it one bit especially if agents have potentially very close relationship with club executives who can steer club money from a smaller agent to Prefereed agent...allegedly
Steve Walsh or Koeman must really rate this player to still be getting bogged down in all this nonsense.
I hope he's worth it and I also hope it doesn't distract us from looking for a goalkeeper and centre back.

How this keeps dragging on is beyond me. They've just transfered their arguably most important player to their biggest rival and this was done in a couple of days.

In a belgian paper today:

The million transfer from Standard striker Ishak Belfodil (25) Everton has been canceled. The negotiations between the three parties finally jumped. Good news for coach Aleksandar Janković, for his best player now continues until the end of the season in Liege.

Ishak Belfodil to Everton, the handling of the deal seemed a mere formality. But yesterday the negotiations were permanently abrupted. The two clubs reached an agreement in principle last week on the transfer fee, but there were doubts in Everton. Unlike technical director Steve Walsh coach Ronald Koeman is not so convinced of Belfodil. The Dutchman had captured negative signals about the character of the Algerian, who has taken a difficult route in his career. Walsh, however, pressed on. Two months ago, he made his interest already known and Belfodil even had an exploratory meeting with some members of the Toffees.

So the British wanted a deal, but one on their terms. Ie by involving the appropriate intermediaries (brokers) there. The Belfodil manager couldn't appreciate the power game of the English and thus the negotiations were delayed. Eventually it turned out one of the reasons for the bounce of the transfer. In recent days it became silent from Liverpool. It did not longer seem necessary for Everton that won of Manchester City last Sunday. The transfer was completely abandoned.

For Belfodil the breakdown of the transfer is of course a disappointment.

BBC just now:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38588285

_93359295_ishakbelfodil.jpg

Belfodil, who wears number 99 on his shirt, has scored nine goals in 21 appearances since joining Standard Liege in the summer
Everton's £10.4m deal for Standard Liege striker Ishak Belfodil has stalled and may now be abandoned.

The move was close to completion at the end of last week and the 24-year-old was awaiting clearance to fly to Merseyside from Standard's warm weather training camp in Spain to complete the formalities and undergo a medical.

Belfodil, however, has been frustrated as reports in Belgium suggested the move has become tangled up in financial complications and is now likely to be scrapped completely.

The striker, who has emerged as a key player for Standard in his short spell at the club, had been earmarked as a potential target by Everton director of football Steve Walsh, who brought his fellow countryman Riyad Mahrez to Leicester City.

Belfodil has had a nomadic career, including spells with Lyon, Bologna, Parma, Inter Milan, Livorno and Baniyas before moving to Belgium.

Everton have already signed Morgan Schneiderlin from Manchester United for £24m in this transfer window, as well as teenager Ademola Lookman from Charlton Athletic, with manager Ronald Koeman wanting to strengthen further.

Steve Walsh or Koeman must really rate this player to still be getting bogged down in all this nonsense.
I hope he's worth it and I also hope it doesn't distract us from looking for a goalkeeper and centre back.
do you not think the goalkeeper situation can wait until the summer? joel has been really good since coming in i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back