Transfer Rumour Ishak Belfodil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walsh wanted Belfodil, Koeman wasn't convinced but Walsh pushed on.
Then apparently the agents of Belfodil didn't like how negotiations were being done from the Everton side (wanted different agents?).
Anywho, it came to a dead end.

It happens all the time at every club mate.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

We just move on.

Walsh wanted Belfodil, Koeman wasn't convinced but Walsh pushed on.
Then apparently the agents of Belfodil didn't like how negotiations were being done from the Everton side (wanted different agents?).
Anywho, it came to a dead end.
another ITK who knows nothing

I'd much rather we signed a player like this, rather than pretending to be after some superstar that we are never going to sign.
I'd much rather we signed a quality proven player, then take a punt on someone like this. To me we are striking the right balance at the moment. Proven quality in the premier league (Williams, bolasie, gana and schneiderlin) with exciting youthful prospects (DCL and lookman).

Ok so we've apparently pulled out, if he's half decent how come nobody else hasn't snapped him up for a fee which is affordable to all EPL clubs ?
He is one of those "scouted" players. Nobody really knows how good he is except for those who scouted him. He isn't in a league where he would draw that much attention unless he was setting the world on fire like a Suarez. Maybe Walsh saw qualities that would make him a good striking partner for Rom? Who knows.

Looks to me like Walsh is trying to go one way (recruit for the next few seasons with burgeoning young talent) and Koeman is going another way (chequebook out for tried and tested players).

Or that Walsh has identified a major gamble of a player who's failed to score regularly throughout his career expect for stints in Belgium and UAE. Jelle Vossen bossed the Belgian league and couldn't even cut it in the Championship.

Really not arsed that he isn't joining and could totally understand Koeman's doubts.

By the sounds of it he was suggested as a player but just wouldn't fit in culture after meeting him.

It happens in sport. No big deal.

Recipe for disaster if Walsh and Koeman aren't agreeing on players already, hope I'm taking it out of context but can't be a good sign. Glad Koeman pulled rank over team matters though and he obviously thought this lad was gash, obviously I don't know what he thinks just a theory,

Recipe for disaster if Walsh and Koeman aren't agreeing on players already, hope I'm taking it out of context but can't be a good sign. Glad Koeman pulled rank over team matters though and he obviously thought this lad was gash, obviously I don't know what he thinks just a theory,

If Everton agreed a fee for the player and were in talks then I'm 99.9% sure it's because Walsh and Koeman both wanted him. Walsh has stated that if he recommends a player to Koeman and he doesn't like him then that's the end of the matter because they both have to agree otherwise it's pointless

Sounds to me more like agent stuff complicating things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back