Transfer Rumour Ishak Belfodil

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is one of those "scouted" players. Nobody really knows how good he is except for those who scouted him. He isn't in a league where he would draw that much attention unless he was setting the world on fire like a Suarez. Maybe Walsh saw qualities that would make him a good striking partner for Rom? Who knows.
With the reputation Walsh has for unearthing hidden diamonds I would expect other clubs to be sniffing round

If Everton agreed a fee for the player and were in talks then I'm 99.9% sure it's because Walsh and Koeman both wanted him. Walsh has stated that if he recommends a player to Koeman and he doesn't like him then that's the end of the matter because they both have to agree otherwise it's pointless

Sounds to me more like agent stuff complicating things.

Agreed. That was also the undertone of the artickle, that it were the agents.

I'm not convinced this Walsh/Koeman relationship is a healthy one or can be sustained.

It looks doomed.
I'm hearing whispers from a few lads at work who are mildly 'sauced' that they reckon that Walsh is becoming frustrated with how things are going for him at the club.

Apparently he was very much the man in control of signings at Leicester but Koeman, Kenwright and Moshiri all like to be involved now with Koeman having final say.

Doesn't like his responsibilities being diluted apparently or being vetoed by Koeman.

Looks to me like Walsh is trying to go one way (recruit for the next few seasons with burgeoning young talent) and Koeman is going another way (chequebook out for tried and tested players).

Apparently he's straight up cancer.

Not sure if posted yet:

Nicola Sansone had gone down in the area and won a penalty for Parma. His teammate Marco Marchionni picked up the ball and walked towards the spot when he was confronted by Belfodil who petulantly demanded that he take it. ‘You better not miss, then,’ Marchionni probably thought. Except Belfodil did. Albano Bizzarri saved it but couldn’t hold onto the ball. Fortunately for Belfodil it fell to him and he made amends, blasting it into the net only to then shush and insult his bench.

It was the start of a hot streak through the winter months. That’s when he really stoked things up, scoring five goals in eight games. Juventus wanted him. Napoli did too. They were of course trained by Walter Mazzarri, Inter’s new coach who is said to be a big admirer. At the time, though, nothing came of their interest and when the transfer window closed in the spring, Belfodil was still a Parma player.

He was disappointed. Some claimed he sulked. There were other tantrums.

On the other hand the raeg on this board can power a small city for a month the day he shoos Baines away and misses a pen.

I'm not convinced this Walsh/Koeman relationship is a healthy one or can be sustained.

It looks doomed.

There are things that Koenman does that annoy me and yes the relationship could sour one day, but for the most part I think they are on the same page. Pretty much every one of our new signings have played.

With the reputation Walsh has for unearthing hidden diamonds I would expect other clubs to be sniffing round

Maybe that's the game.

We make Belfodil look like the next Mahrez cos Walshy boy thinks so. Other teams buy into that and stop pursuing the real diamonds they are currently after. They sign Belfodil and he turns out to be the Algerian Niasse. Then in the meantime we sign those actual diamonds who these teams thought were useless cos Walshy boy never went for them in the first place. :D

images (2).webp

Belfodil sort of looks like that Albanian kidnapper from the movie 'Taken'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back