Its officially OFF, great season though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question mate, can you see us doing it? Go on, imagine us not bottling a single game, turning up to every one, no dodgy decisions, no injurys, as well as Arsenal not scraping any extra points. If that seems possible to you, dare to dream.

8 games left. Let's look at our record in the corresponding fixtures...

Fulham v Everton (W 4-1)
Everton v Arsenal (D 1-1)
Sunderland v Everton (L 0-1)
Everton v Crystal Palace (D 0-0)
Everton v Man Utd (W 0-1)
Southampton v Everton (W 2-1)
Everton v Man City (L 3-1)
Hull v Everton (W 2-1)

The two worst results are Sunderland and Palace. I fancy us to beat them both. 6 or 7 wins (providing we beat Arsenal) and we'll be right in the mix. I wouldn't say that's beyond the realms of possibility, or even a long shot, for that matter

8 games left. Let's look at our record in the corresponding fixtures...

Fulham v Everton (W 4-1)
Everton v Arsenal (D 1-1)
Sunderland v Everton (L 0-1)
Everton v Crystal Palace (D 0-0)
Everton v Man Utd (W 0-1)
Southampton v Everton (W 2-1)
Everton v Man City (L 3-1)
Hull v Everton (W 2-1)

The two worst results are Sunderland and Palace. I fancy us to beat them both. 6 or 7 wins (providing we beat Arsenal) and we'll be right in the mix. I wouldn't say that's beyond the realms of possibility, or even a long shot, for that matter

Not a chance we will win 6 or 7 of these imo. Can see something similar to them results actually, giving us 71 points. Arsenal, I predict, will get around 76-78. As I say, a good effort, and 5th place, but no CL.

Fulham is a grave yard for us we have only won once at craven cottage since the late great Alan Ball scored in a 1-0 win in 1966! If we play like we did tonight we should win but!!!!!! Never dispel our Jinx there last season 3-2 up and lost a goal in the last minute! I feel we should still win though !!!

Do not think your stats are correct mate...not least that we were up 2-1 in the last minute when they equalised.

Not a chance we will win 6 or 7 of these imo. Can see something similar to them results actually, giving us 71 points. Arsenal, I predict, will get around 76-78. As I say, a good effort, and 5th place, but no CL.

Not a chance? The only team I fear is Citeh. We are well capable of winning most of those games. As I posted earlier, we've just won 4 prem games on the bounce for the first time in 6 years. We're in good form and I expect us to beat fulham to make it 5 on the bounce, and then Arsenal are next up.

Sunderland away...that will be as slippery as an oil spill covered with lubricating gel covered with extra slippery banana skins

Not a chance? The only team I fear is Citeh. We are well capable of winning most of those games. As I posted earlier, we've just won 4 prem games on the bounce for the first time in 6 years. We're in good form and I expect us to beat fulham to make it 5 on the bounce, and then Arsenal are next up.

I don't think people are catching my drift. Do I believe us incapable of winning all them games? No. I just believe that we will not perform to our high standard and avoid controversy for that many fixtures in a row.

I think if we beat Arsenal it will either crush them and we could potentially take 4th place or it could spur them on and get champs league footy like they always seem to. Hopefully we can keep this good run of form, I saw somewhere this is the first time we've won 4 games in a row in the league since march 2008.. not 100% sure on that but yeah that's an interesting stat.

Hate to be negative here, but it's not. All tonight does is give us a better chance of 5th, but if you look at the respective run ins, you have to fully expect us to finish 6th. Spurs could and perhaps should win every single game after the Liverpool match as the run in is as good as they could want. We'd need 19 points from the 24 available to secure 5th IMO, and probably 21-22 to have any shot whatsoever at 4th. So we're talking losing only to Man City and not dropping silly points in our 4 remaining away games, when we've only won 1 away game in 2014.

I'm delighted with how the season has gone, but aiming for anything beyond 5th is wishing upon a star at this point.

I don't think people are catching my drift. Do I believe us incapable of winning all them games? No. I just believe that we will not perform to our high standard and avoid controversy for that many fixtures in a row.

You seem to forget that we have a habit of finishing very strongly. 6 wins from 8 games is far from improbable.

Hate to be negative here, but it's not. All tonight does is give us a better chance of 5th, but if you look at the respective run ins, you have to fully expect us to finish 6th. Spurs could and perhaps should win every single game after the Liverpool match as the run in is as good as they could want. We'd need 19 points from the 24 available to secure 5th IMO, and probably 21-22 to have any shot whatsoever at 4th. So we're talking losing only to Man City and not dropping silly points in our 4 remaining away games, when we've only won 1 away game in 2014.

I'm delighted with how the season has gone, but aiming for anything beyond 5th is wishing upon a star at this point.
Win our next two games, and there's a very good chance we will be in 4th in a week and a halfs time.

76 points to finish 5th ?

Just how strong is that super glue you've rammed up your nose like ?

Its mathematically possible so until its not, its most certainly 'ON'.
None of this 'Oh these have easier fixtures' business. Arsenal and Arsenal fans would have expected to win tonight against Swansea, they never. Football is massively unpredictable. 5th is where i reckon we will finish, but this negativity is astounding. Until its mathematically impossible, i have a small hope that we can finish fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back