Its officially OFF, great season though

Status
Not open for further replies.
On paper, Arsenal are still well and truly in the driving seat, and I'm an optimist. That said, this upcoming weekend is huge. Not only could we be 3 points from Arsenal with a game in hand but we could be 4 points clear of Spurs, again with a game in hand.

On paper, Arsenal are still well and truly in the driving seat, and I'm an optimist. That said, this upcoming weekend is huge. Not only could we be 3 points from Arsenal with a game in hand but we could be 4 points clear of Spurs, again with a game in hand.

How are they "well and truly in the driving seat"?

Their next two games are Citeh at home and Everton away.

And we have the Palace home game in hand.

I'd say they are favourites all right but there isn't much in it.

And their bottle may well have gone.

We are underdogs for this, look how far we were the other month, arsenal will be worrying they are low of confidence and we are coming for them, we quietly keep picking up 3 points, they will be worrying, i'm proud of the lads that we are giving it i real go.

Hate to be negative here, but it's not. All tonight does is give us a better chance of 5th, but if you look at the respective run ins, you have to fully expect us to finish 6th. Spurs could and perhaps should win every single game after the Liverpool match as the run in is as good as they could want. We'd need 19 points from the 24 available to secure 5th IMO, and probably 21-22 to have any shot whatsoever at 4th. So we're talking losing only to Man City and not dropping silly points in our 4 remaining away games, when we've only won 1 away game in 2014.

I'm delighted with how the season has gone, but aiming for anything beyond 5th is wishing upon a star at this point.

After the weekends fixtures it's conceivable that 4th place could mathematically be in our own hands, so you're wrong to class our chances as "wishing on a star", as it's simply not.

Obviously that could change should Arsenal pull a rabbit out of the hat vs City and we [Poor language removed] up at Fulham, but as it stands we've got every right to see ourselves as being right back in the race for 4th, as we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back