Its officially OFF, great season though

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not happening. No chance. When was the last time we beat Arsenal? Also, look at all the aways we've got to play that have got draw written all over them; Saints away, Fulham away. Also think City will win the league at Goodison. Sorry lads, but nope.

......Soton away is a real toughie. Its good to keep real interest, though, especially if we are still in with a squeak when we play Arsenal, United and City.

We're on a sensational run of league form and I wouldn't want to rule anything out, but would you put it past Arsenal to respond very well at home and beat City? I definitely wouldn't. Fulham for us is no banker either, they're playing for survival and anything below 100% from us could lead to a frustrating defeat/draw. It's all about this weekend for me, should the results swing in our favour, we will be right in the maelstrom of a Champions League qualification battle with Arsenal and maybe Spurs.

Anyone else notice how this current league run began when Roberto said that we're just 'concentrating on reaching a certain points tally'? Maybe it's taken some of the pressure off the players..

Anyone else notice how this current league run began when Roberto said that we're just 'concentrating on reaching a certain points tally'? Maybe it's taken some of the pressure off the players..

think it's more of the fact that we had 3 homes in a row vs struggling sides and then newcastle away with their only key players missing.

...all 2 of them

If things go to plan this weekend, I think a point against Arsenal would be a good result. With us having Sunderland and Palace after that - and them being in the semi final on the 12th. Its a great chance for us to be in the box seat going into the United game.

Wont happen though.....will it

This is where us fans go wrong and get all disappointed. Assuming Sunderland and Palace are 3 points....

Likewise with Fulham this week. Im already looking at the table and having us on 60 points and an Arsenal defeat against city.

years ago you could literally go down the fixture list and select your W/D/L and get a rough estimate of how many points we will finish with. You just can't do this anymore, not with the prem. These teams are battling relegation and are scrapping for points. In some ways, its even more difficult....... remember when we ourselves used to scrap for points in a relegation tussle ? When we simply couldn't afford a defeat, we were hard to break down.

It's not happening. No chance. When was the last time we beat Arsenal? Also, look at all the aways we've got to play that have got draw written all over them; Saints away, Fulham away. Also think City will win the league at Goodison. Sorry lads, but nope.

When was the last time we had Martinez in charge :) Keep the faith

It wasn't that long ago that we beat them was it? AJ in the rain wasn't it? Also if we've got something to play for we can beat anyone at Goodison on our day.

When was the last time we beat United at Old Trafford ?

Agree on that, people put too much store in stuff like this, none of it matters really especially if you have a new man in charge with a completely different history and mindset which he approaches the game with

didn't i read that Martinez until this season had never beaten Swansea etc as a case in point?

Bigger trends such as Arsenal finishing seasons poorly, Martinez teams finishing strongly etc guve more insight as their likely to be down to training and conditioning (physically and psychologically) of the players, or simply down to managers who manage to drag the best out of players when its been a long season - motivation i guess its called

It's not happening. No chance. When was the last time we beat Arsenal?

images

March 2007 - Andy Johnson last minute winner in a snow storm at Goodison.

Also think City will win the league at Goodison. Sorry lads, but nope.

City play 2 more games after they play us, so unless they run away with it in the next few weeks, they won't clinch the title at Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back