2023/24 Jack Harrison

He gets through a lot of work. Most of it is just shifting or covering space to funnel the ball to the defender we want on the ball whose likely make a balls up. And he does it quickly. Doesn’t just amble into those spaces.

If he is to continue playing here or anywhere else on the right, he desperately needs to develop a passable right foot cross. Do it early in a game and the full back immediately has a decision to make every time he gets the ball; force him wide where he can cross behind the centre backs, or force him inside where he can shoot or cross. Never has the confidence beat his man on the outside, so makes it harder for himself. Even if they block it it’s a corner, and that’s our main weapon.

Could have done with being rested sooner, but has come back and been solid in the crunch games.

Don’t think he will go back to Leeds if he can avoid it, even if they come up, but imagine somewhere else will be able to pay a nominal fee for him that we can’t.

We need better but he’s fine as a squad player. Depends on the resources needed to bring him back, but he shouldn’t be starting every match.

I'm a bit torn with Harrison. On the one hand he is very wasteful in possession, amongst one of the worst I've seen in that respect. However he does put in a shift and It would be interesting to compare our points totals with and without him. I think our first good run of the season came with him in the side and our recent good form has returned when he was back in the side. So as a team we tend to do better with him in the team.

See McNeil for an example of it and Summerville is a better player than Dwight McNeil. Summerville is just tired rather than anything else, during the earlier part of the season they largely relied upon him a bit too much imo, I don't think he has really dropped off as such.
How can you say Summerville is better than Mcneil? I feel as though Mcneil would be very effective in the championship just like Summerville has been. I also think Summerville would be far less effective in the Premier league and so would Gnonto

Seems a very honest player and deffo puts the work in but he constantly runs into blind alleys, losses the ball or fails to get the ball into the box.

If you can’t trust players in possession then they really shouldn’t be anywhere near a team that want to be away from the drop zone

See McNeil for an example of it and Summerville is a better player than Dwight McNeil. Summerville is just tired rather than anything else, during the earlier part of the season they largely relied upon him a bit too much imo, I don't think he has really dropped off as such.

Not sure hes better, just different.

McNeil should be in the middle i think and Summerville down the left seems tasty based on this season in the championship.

I just saw that leeds fans were saying about Huddersfield showing him wide and him being "found out".

Hes 2 years older/ahead of Gnonto and Asprilla who in theory should be much cheaper than him this summer. Perhaps theyre the better options rather than spending £30mil+ on Summerville. It could be used to sign Asprilla & Gnonto ?

What do you think of Wilson Odobert (Burnley) and Iling Junior (Juventus) who could also come into the clubs thinking?

Edit: As for Harrison, the only way id be fine with him back on loan is if we splashed the cash on a superstar winger on the other side of the pitch.

Not sure hes better, just different.

McNeil should be in the middle i think and Summerville down the left seems tasty based on this season in the championship.

I just saw that leeds fans were saying about Huddersfield showing him wide and him being "found out".

Hes 2 years older/ahead of Gnonto and Asprilla who in theory should be much cheaper than him this summer. Perhaps theyre the better options rather than spending £30mil+ on Summerville. It could be used to sign Asprilla & Gnonto ?

What do you think of Wilson Odobert (Burnley) and Iling Junior (Juventus) who could also come into the clubs thinking?

Edit: As for Harrison, the only way id be fine with him back on loan is if we splashed the cash on a superstar winger on the other side of the pitch.
Zat he is miles better (29 G+A this season) McNeil is too one footed, and lacks a proper end product, constantly needing to do 360 degree turns all the time because he cant use both feet. I wouldn't spend on Gnonto or Asprilla tbh and I certainly wouldn't touch any Bunley player.

How can you say Summerville is better than Mcneil? I feel as though Mcneil would be very effective in the championship just like Summerville has been. I also think Summerville would be far less effective in the Premier league and so would Gnonto
29 goals and assists, McNeil will never get that in any season in any league. Summerville just has a better skillset than McNeil and he has pace. Gnonto and Summerville are younger than McNeil and both played in the PL last time Leeds were up. I like Dwight but ultimately he ain't good enough to be a wide player at this level, I agree with others about trying him in the middle and see how he does, Sean Dyche suggesting he should be around the England squad is laughable.