2023/24 Jack Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works hard, gets goals, assists others to get goals...apparently that's rubbish though...

Don't get me wrong Dave, he was pretty poor last season, especially during our bad run mid season. But as the lad himself admits there was mitigating circumstances for that form.

No injury concerns, full pre season and knowing the team now I expect a much improved version this season.

I’m not a huge fan but he’s definitely a useful squad member and as you say solid . We’ve had some absolute stinkers turn out on the wings , more than happy with him in the squad especially when you look at the deal .
Grafts,got quick feet,can cross,chips in with goal.

Good solid footballer.

The carry on over him is wild.

He was absolutely superb in the derby.

Last edited:

Look at his record at Leeds.

He was injured here and getting back to fitness.

As said: dont rate Harrison = dont understand football.

34 goals in 206, in all competitions which included many in the Championship? Using his goalscoring record doesn’t make you “understand football” because it’s bang average.

Hes a decent footballer who grafts & has a good output defensively, thats about it. I think it’s a fair argument for anyone to have if they rate him or not, saying those people “don’t understand football” is a laugh.

Grafts,got quick feet,can cross,chips in with goal.

Good solid footballer.

The carry on over him is wild.

He's was absolutely superb in the derby.

Yup and factor in the circumstances of him being out for I think 4-5 months and coming off surgery, no pressure season, into a team that demands the intensity that Dyches team does and being subsequently ran into the ground with little to no rotation.

34 goals in 206, in all competitions which included many in the Championship? Using his goalscoring record doesn’t make you “understand football” because it’s bang average.

Hes a decent footballer who grafts & has a good output defensively, thats about it. I think it’s a fair argument for anyone to have if they rate him or not, saying those people “don’t understand football” is a laugh.

21 in 106 games in the prem for Leeds, 8,8,5 in his three seasons there. About a 1:5 strike rate.

Full season he should net around 7-8 for us which is a fine return from a winger

I personally, don't like the stopping and cutting in, rather than getting to to by line and putting a cross in. Especially with a striker like DCL in the team. I understand he's a left footer on the right hand side. This is why he cuts in, but he often stops and checks rather than just cutting in. It slowed a lot of attacks down, often stopping them.

However, he didn't have a preseason, due to injury. So maybe alot was down to fitness? Hopefully he will be better this season? He is a good player, maybe a player out of position as we had no one else.

21 in 106 games in the prem for Leeds, 8,8,5 in his three seasons there. About a 1:5 strike rate.

Full season he should net around 7-8 for us which is a fine return from a winger

It’s a decent record, that’s it. Saying “look at his goalscoring record for Leeds” like it’s impressive is ridiculous.

He’s a good signing on a loan deal but let’s not make it anymore than it is, he’s a decent Premier League player and the level we’re at now. If he has another similar season, I wouldn’t be making it permanent.

It’s a decent record, that’s it. Saying “look at his goalscoring record for Leeds” like it’s impressive is ridiculous.

He’s a good signing on a loan deal but let’s not make it anymore than it is, he’s a decent Premier League player and the level we’re at now. If he has another similar season, I wouldn’t be making it permanent.

Yup, solid player, if we get a solid return from him this year I'm happy, costing us just his wages so overall a great bit of business for the club.

I did say ‘one’ of the poorest not ‘the’ poorest.
I have been watching us since the sixties and I stand by my judgment of Harrison at this point.
I hope he proves me wrong this season , but as many Leeds supporters seem to harbour the same assessment of this player, I shan’t be holding my breath.

Just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.