2023/24 Jack Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
….if I remember rightly, he arrived injured last season. Villa looked likely to sign him but understandably pulled out, whilst we took the risk of signing an injured player on loan.

I presume he didn’t have a ‘pre-season’ so had to rely on games once he got fit. Be interesting if a full pre-season this time around makes a difference.

Yeah spot on Eggs you remember perfectly.

Player himself in an interview stated that the lack of pre season badly effected how he felt all season btw.

Good words from Jack today:

“My aim was to make sure I’m ready to show what I can do,” he tells The Athletic. “After missing out last year on pre-season, it probably took me a a bit longer than anticipated to get up and running and I don’t think I truly showed what I was capable of. Hopefully, I can have a bigger impact.

“I’d have liked to contribute more goals and assists. If I can have 10 goals and 10 assists, it’s a good season. But there’s a lot more that goes into the game. As a modern winger, you have to be able to do both sides. We did a good job defensively, which is just as important, but I’d have liked to have done more on the attacking side.

“There’s a period of adjustment at a new club. Having the adversity of my injury and the operation, it was tough to pick up a rhythm. I’m trying to prepare myself as best as possible for the season.”

I have no idea how this lad gets detractors. IMO if you dont rate Harrison you dont understand football.

Works hard defensively, produces very little offensively.
At the moment he is one of the poorest wide players I have witnessed in the Royal Blue shirt.
I presume he is worried that if he runs up the field too fast the wind might mess up his Lego head hair.
Hopefully he shows he has something else in his locker this season , apart from stronger hairspray.

At the moment he is one of the poorest wide players I have witnessed in the Royal Blue shirt.
I presume he is worried that if he runs up the field too fast the wind might mess up his Lego head hair.
Hopefully he shows he has something else in his locker this season , apart from stronger hairspray.
Consider what's been going on behind him all last season: a revolving door of RBs.

He needs a very good and reliable FB behind him.

He may not be a world beater but having seen Mark Pembridge, Gary naysmith, Niclas alexandersson etc 'play' on the wing for us, I feel that statements a bit harsh

Pure hyperbole. this, he is not even close to some of the shockers we have had.

Unless you started watching us last season !?!

Pure hyperbole. this, he is not even close to some of the shockers we have had.

Unless you started watching us last season !?!
I did say ‘one’ of the poorest not ‘the’ poorest.
I have been watching us since the sixties and I stand by my judgment of Harrison at this point.
I hope he proves me wrong this season , but as many Leeds supporters seem to harbour the same assessment of this player, I shan’t be holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.