Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Jack Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embarrassing, jumped to city knowing full well he wasn’t guaranteed a game, wasn’t that finished article back then either or one of them players that move on knowing they have 7 out of ten performances week in. He’s greedy that’s all, couldn’t earn a contract at Watford, now using Everton as a training base. Do we need people like him around the 23s? Hope one them rattles him in training, maybe what he needs to come back down to earth. Club on the up .... no time for people like him who went for £££.

I mean, we helped Baxter out and he didn't get signed, so why would Rodwell?

I honestly think we're just letting him train with us and that's as far as it will go

I don't see the issue to be honest. It's just training

Training is one thing.

Giving him a place/game time ahead of another player as we did Baxter is another.

Jobs for the boys isn't good IMO.

Training is one thing.

Giving him a place/game time ahead of another player as we did Baxter is another.

Jobs for the boys isn't good IMO.

I don't think he'll get a job though

If he does, then fair enough I get why people would be perturbed, but it looks like he's just training, and until it looks like it will be more than that then I don't really see a point in getting annoyed or wound up by it

I don't think he'll get a job though

If he does, then fair enough I get why people would be perturbed, but it looks like he's just training

I just don't see an issue with it really

My comment was with regards to you mentioning Baxter as a comparison.

I think the two are, or at least hope are different.

In fairness didn’t we find Baxter a club? I’m quite pleased that the Everton academy still look after its graduates even when some of these lads have obviously taken wrong turns and bad career advice. If Roswell or Baxter were in a bad place in their lives and needed help then no matter what they’ve done I’m glad Everton still opened the doors for them and put them on the straight and narrow.

My comment was with regards to you mentioning Baxter as a comparison.

I think the two are, or at least hope are different.

Meh, Baxter didn't bother me either to be honest

Lots of Everton related stuff that's far more anger inducing than giving an ex player hard on his luck a chance to sort his life out

Not ideal like, but it was hardly a disaster either. I'm glad he seemingly got himself sorted and has moved on

In fairness didn’t we find Baxter a club? I’m quite pleased that the Everton academy still look after its graduates even when some of these lads have obviously taken wrong turns and bad career advice. If Roswell or Baxter were in a bad place in their lives and needed help then no matter what they’ve done I’m glad Everton still opened the doors for them and put them on the straight and narrow.

Yeah, I agree with this, especially as the cost to do so was a comparative drop in the ocean

Big Besic fan aren't you? I can just tell

Besic may have his faults, but at least he looks like a footballer.

Rodwell looks like the lad who plays five a side with his mates, has all the boss gear and astro boots, but never breaks sweat and spends most of the match trying to avoid getting tackled.

He`s a professional footballer who doesn`t like playing footy mate.

Just about sums Everton up, cover their arse trying too hard to look like the good guys giving a helping hand to the needy whilst all the time failing miserably where it matters, on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back