• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Jack Wilshere's comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

potato

Banned
following on from his views do you think we should go as far as too say maybe only scousers should play for everton and liverpool

maybe we shouldnt have foreigners playing in the english premier league

etc..
etc..

following on from his views do you think we should go as far as too say maybe only scousers should play for everton and liverpool

etc..
etc..

No mate.

What he said was't done very eloquently but he has a point. However once a player is legalised in a country then he has a right to play. The selectors don't have to pick him of course.

No mate.

What he said was't done very eloquently but he has a point. However once a player is legalised in a country then he has a right to play. The selectors don't have to pick him of course.

Why?

The players are representing England, not necessarily English by birth.

It's exactly the same as saying a Cockney cannot sign for a Scouse club because he wasn't born here - it'd be ridiculous.

EDIT: Oh wait, COMPLETELY misread what you said hahaha!

etc..
etc..
To an extent agreeable.

Why?

The players are representing England, not necessarily English by birth.

It's exactly the same as saying a Cockney cannot sign for a Scouse club because he wasn't born here - it'd be ridiculous.

EDIT: Oh wait, COMPLETELY misread what you said hahaha!

It's nothing like saying that at all. If that was the case there'd be no national football whatsoever.

The fact that his comments are seen has somehow controversial shows just how ridiculous this country has become.

He's fast becoming my most annoying Premier League soccerista. The little jumped up prick thinks he's the saviour of English football and he's merely a little beaut who'll never be as good as Ress Borkley.

he only said it because an arteta would come in and take his place. He knows that if it's based on english players he'll only have gash like gerrard and cleverely competing with him.

Think it should only be if your born or have close family relatives though. don't agree with the, he's played here for 5 years nonsence, doesn't work for me.

i don't know the answer to this. If a player plays in wales for example swansea, does he qualify to play for wales? seeing as it technically counts as playing in england? Think ashley williams has a welsh relative hence why he plays for us, not sure though.

I was born in England, lived there until I was 13. I'm now 28. If I'd been good enough at cricket to reach higher levels, should I be allowed to play for NZ? Of course I should, I've grown up and become part of the culture just as much as my home country. I call NZ home, despite being proud to be English.

Interesting that Ben Stokes was picked for the Ashes squad, yet he's the same situation as me (just the other way around), born a kiwi, lived here till he was 13, then moved to the UK with his family due to work. Nobody has got upset with that selection by the way.

i don't know the answer to this. If a player plays in wales for example swansea, does he qualify to play for wales? seeing as it technically counts as playing in england? Think ashley williams has a welsh relative hence why he plays for us, not sure though.

I know the answer to this, it's "No". See Angel Rangel. If it was possible, Leon Britton would've been capped too by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back