• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Jack Wilshere's comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
THe headline on the news came on. The announcer just said 'after jack wilshere said that England players should be English'.

I lold. The whole thing is ridiculous. Of course he's right. If there is heritage. Then that should also be allowed. But what he was getting at was that a Bosnian Albanian Belgian who has livedd here for 5 years shouldn't be able to play for England. Oh no he a raziiizzztttt!

Why?

The players are representing England, not necessarily English by birth.

It's exactly the same as saying a Cockney cannot sign for a Scouse club because he wasn't born here - it'd be ridiculous.

EDIT: Oh wait, COMPLETELY misread what you said hahaha!

I'm honestly surprised you could post something as stupid as the above.

Nobody is saying you have to be English by birth, but the idea of a kid with Albanian/Serbian parents who has lived the majority of his life in Belgium playing for England because he's lived here for a few years is mad.

I know big Jack explioted the grandparents rule for us, but i always felt the players that declared fckn jumped on it because they knew they were never going to get a look in the England set up... Just sorry a young Rooney was,nt around at the time.

Zola Budd.

If you come to England as a minor, with your parents or as an orphan for instance, and feel like you are English and belong to the country then I have no problem with that person representing England.
If you're brought over as a youth player for a domestic club, you're not moving to the country for the right reasons, it's purely business so representing that country is weird.
Then if you come over as an adult a la Arteta then you shouldn't even consider changing allegiance for your own country.

Last edited:

England are so rubbish we should take anyone we can get. However I do feel you should have to be descended from the country in question, not just living here for a few years.

I dont agree with the whole somones gran once visited a country stayed there for a bit so their gran child can represent that country- like Ireland did that year when they got to the world cup and it was basically an England B team.

But if someone legitimately gets nationality by living in the country then yeh they should have the same rights to represent that country as anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back