• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Jack Wilshere's comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I couldn't give a flying fook who does or doesn't play for Ingeeeererrlund.

i support Everton. The rest don't matter

You should only be allowed to play for the country you were born in... Makes it so simple.

I agree with this with one exception , If you are born abroad due to your parents working away but only lived away for 2 years before coming back to the UK you should be seen as British.

I was born in Ireland to Irish Parents and though I have lived in the UK for over 50 years was told I could not have a British passport as I am an alien.

I agree with this with one exception , If you are born abroad due to your parents working away but only lived away for 2 years before coming back to the UK you should be seen as British.

I was born in Ireland to Irish Parents and though I have lived in the UK for over 50 years was told I could not have a British passport as I am an alien.

Isn't the rule: Once you've lived here for 5 years, you become a citizen? Hence why Arteta is eligible for England and this Belgian kid will be in 2018?

you love seeing them win though right?

I couldn't give a **** about any sport besides football so it doesn't matter as much to me. I know it's probably hypocritical but it's just football where I'm arsed if they are English or not.

What I'm saying isn't unreasonable. England players should be English or at least have English in the family. Just the same as Germans should be German and French should be French. FIFA should crack down on in it and stop the culture of picking and choosing your nationality.

There's an ugly racism/nationalism to all this
Why can't someone like Mo Farrah or that youngster at West Brom who scored vs United become English
If they feel absolutely disenfranchised, and in no way connected to their countries of birth (which they had no say in being born in) and totally subscribe to English culture, language, traditions, will sing the anthem proudly and dream of wearing the kit and playing at Wembley for the English people who they feel a part of...
Surely that's enough to be English, at least in the modern world where everyone is assimilated, globalized, mixed...
(this obviously applies to any nation- certainly doing well for the likes of Germany, Belgium, France, etc- and England in other sports)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back