• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Jack Wilshere's comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born in England, lived there until I was 13. I'm now 28. If I'd been good enough at cricket to reach higher levels, should I be allowed to play for NZ? Of course I should, I've grown up and become part of the culture just as much as my home country. I call NZ home, despite being proud to be English.

Interesting that Ben Stokes was picked for the Ashes squad, yet he's the same situation as me (just the other way around), born a kiwi, lived here till he was 13, then moved to the UK with his family due to work. Nobody has got upset with that selection by the way.

Bit daft to have people like Henry Paul playing for England though isn't it? Guy I know is now representing NZ in tri-athlon, despite not moving there until his 20's. Seems a bit absurd to me.

The whole idea of having national teams is for them to be the best of those nations. Unless you have dual citizenship therefore I don't see how you can represent somewhere that isn't on your passport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back