2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's fit to start he needs to be playing from the beginning, his technical skills on the ball surpass anyone currently featured in the midfield and I think hes a pretty versatile player who could potentially be a deep lying midfielder if allowed time to fully adapt

Saturday is the perfect chance to give him a start. If he doesn't play against Fulham at home with Doucoure out, it's hard to see at what point Dyche will put him in.

Obviously it's not the lad's fault how it's gone so far but there's 8 games to go in the season and he hasn't started a single game in the league. In a squad so starved of any creativity we probably could've done with him. I use the word probably because we've seen so little of him we can't possibly be sure how he'll adapt to the top level.

Ridiculous luck with injury this season and a reluctance from Lampard to give him minutes. He is a good player so is a welcome addition to the squad which in turn squeezes another one of our useless turds out of a match day.

Think he needs to be in team Saturday - the press with Simms and Gray was non existent against United.

Get back to 3 in midfield with either Gray or Simms upfront obvs DCL if fit enough.

Could use his set piece delivery as well.

Stick or twist time,Davies or Garner,who’d be a manager eh?I’d be more inclined to go with Garner personally,but I think Dyche will go with Davies,hopefully both options can help us gain the vital three points.

A few nice touches/moments but thought he looked well off the pace of the game. Second half especially when we got the absolute runaround from their midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back