2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know he has been solid with defensive duties but I'd like him in a more advanced role has he is capable of orchestrating offensive campaigns and on another level of skill when it comes to playing with the ball. Such a gem an actual everton player who can pass the ball

Has started well but faded really badly in both games. Hopefully a sign he’s giving everything early, and just building up match fitness, as opposed to having only one lung like Deulofeu. Still trying to get around even when clearly knackered, so plenty of heart.

Stays in the team til the end of the season for me, with Doucoure.

He’s already played more forward balls than Gomes ever did
Nah Gomez pre-legbreak was pretty good at that. Even after it played a lot of spicy through balls.

He lacked in many departments but he could see and play a good pass more often than not to be fair to him.

I think Garner looks a tidy player, he seems to be able to pass more than 5 yards in a forward direction. Doesn't look flustered on the ball either. I'd give Gana a rest next Monday and go with Garner, Onana and Doucoure and get right in their faces. If we go there and let them play, they will murder us. We must out muscle them in the middle of the park.

Has started well but faded really badly in both games. Hopefully a sign he’s giving everything early, and just building up match fitness, as opposed to having only one lung like Deulofeu. Still trying to get around even when clearly knackered, so plenty of heart.

Stays in the team til the end of the season for me, with Doucoure.
I had him down for a man of the match. Might be a bit of a stretch but I thought he was great for an hour. I totally agree with you he ran out of steam and should have been replaced but that no criticism of his performance

I’d have him, Gana and Onana in basic constant rotation waiting to come on when 1 of the other 2 picks up a yellow.

So many times in games Onana or Gana pick up a needless card and they’re ineffective or on the cusp of getting sent off for the rest of the game, absolutely kills the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back