2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that his first PL start? Lad needs a break. He was so much better than any other middle of midfielder I've seen all year.
Not from me. I was complimentary about him.

I dont know what Dyche is telling him to do, but I watched him at Forest last season in their cup campaign and he was much more prepared to carry the ball.

Would it be worth dropping Doucoure for Onana and keeping garner and gueye as the midfield duo with Onana as the attacking mid
Onana couldn't score in a Brothel.. So I can't personally see the benefit of that, especially after how Doucs has taken to that role.

Onana couldn't score in a Brothel.. So I can't personally see the benefit of that, especially after how Doucs has taken to that role.
That’s a very naive comment

Onana has been told to sit back and play deep and gets maybe 1 good chance every 10 games

He showed in his very first game for us against villa that he can run at defences and cause problems. He has an engine on him.

If you look at yaya toure he was not a prolific goal scorer before he joined City they then played him in a more advanced box to box role and he would run at defenders and cause havoc

Onana has that ability in him I am sure of it and he has so much potential

That’s a very naive comment

Onana has been told to sit back and play deep and gets maybe 1 good chance every 10 games

He showed in his very first game for us against villa that he can run at defences and cause problems. He has an engine on him.

If you look at yaya toure he was not a prolific goal scorer before he joined City they then played him in a more advanced box to box role and he would run at defenders and cause havoc

Onana has that ability in him I am sure of it and he has so much potential
Yeah but we are talking about properly adapting to the league and getting a good season behind him.
I have no doubt Onana will grow into a cracking player.

BUT WE HAVE 4 GAMES LEFT !!!!

Maddison’s assist came from a ridiculous pass from Iwobi when he could have hit an easy ball down the line for McNeil or Knocked a ball back for Garner. That said it was a fantastic pass for Vardy which seems to happen any time we make a mistake in transition
Reckon Iwobi got caught in a Garner loop
Iwobi played with/as Garner, and cause he's not, he chose the wrong option to the spirit, should've of lofted it over them where we had the numbers in space. Iwobi would've normally passed back.

Iwobi was better when he played to his strengths, he brought cover and physicality to a large range, comings from miles to take the ball off the player who couldn't factor in that run, he could get the ball moving off the turnover as well, now that he's got Garner to play to off the turnover, you'd think there'd be a good combination going there, with either Onana (attacking/80% game time) or Gana (defensive/20% game time).

Little chance it seems Dyche is thinking this, maybe Garner's a bit too loopy.

Really tidy player. That miss is fine at 3-0, rather it happen now compared to a 0-0. He’ll learn as he goes on.

Feel like there’s a couple players in him, Onana, Patterson and McNeil with hopefully Branthwaite next year that we can build a solid little team around. All are young with big potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back