2023/24 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because onana plays like he's to good to put a bit of graft in
He really doesn't

There's honestly just an undertone of stereotyping with Onana now from some of our fans

Garner was good on Saturday but generally he's just very good at being busy. He gets about, puts a shift in. But so does Onana. They just have very different ways of doing it.

He really doesn't

There's honestly just an undertone of stereotyping with Onana now from some of our fans

Garner was good on Saturday but generally he's just very good at being busy. He gets about, puts a shift in. But so does Onana. They just have very different ways of doing it.

They both get about and do a job. Have good moments, average moments and bad moments……and good/average/bad games

As with almost all our players

It’s called being a club in a mess with no money. We have players at that level or inexperienced players and if we are really lucky they’ll hit a run of good form every now and again, ideally a few of them at once. If they don’t, we’ll hey that’s our level of player right now

Much easier to accept it and the swings in performance that come with it. For all of them.

Be arsed criticising and losing the head every time one of our average players has a crap game. Like it’s some surprise

Just get the points needed this season, and let’s see where we are next season (probably same story for next season too). Everything else around the points, for me, carry’s the least importance right now than at any time since Moyes was starting out

I like him does alot pressing winning the back would like him to get on the ball more and try long passes ect. Is something we need in midfield dont have a cm who can control
The tempo of a game and help us keep hold of tge ball

He is the type of player that would improve massively when played in a team that has another 4-5 good, technical players in it .

If he played in the spurs team for example he would look twice the player he looks for us.

Well luckily those people with functioning eyes who collaborate the stats do.

…..it’s nothing to do with my eye impairment although after these last few years my heart especially goes out to all of those who do not have ‘functioning eyes’. It’s a dreadful situation to have impaired vision and a poor reflection on any individual who mocks those that do.

What I said is he tends to pinch the ball off opponents, not hit them with crunching tackles. He’s terrific at it, so I don’t see him as a tackler in the normal sense of that descriptor.

Last edited:

…..it’s nothing to do with my eye impairment although after these last few years my heart especially goes out to all of those who do not have ‘functioning eyes’. It’s a dreadful situation to have impaired vision and a poor reflection on any individual who mocks those that do.

What I said is he tends to pinch the ball off opponents, not hit them with crunching tackles. He’s terrific at it, so I don’t see him as a tackler in the normal sense of that descriptor.
That's not what I meant and you know it. Garner pinching the ball off someone is tackling them.

Thank the gods for Garner this season. Garner was exactly what we need; a reliable 7/10 that is fit every werk and can play in several positions. For £10m was it? Food business that.

I like Onana, but you just know hes not in our long term plans and any decent offer and hes off. You also just know that hes going to be a star when that rich club buys him. Though not sure hes top 4 starter quality yet, but certainly top 4 squad level. As long as he works hard at Everton whilst hes here - and if/when he does go, we get a decent markup then I wont be that heartbroken if it helps the team as a whole. We still need to do business.

Just glad we have some half-decent defensive midfielders - it seemed like an age where we just had a hole there.

Talking of absent midfielders, what happened to Gomes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back