James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt it's Wenger mate. It's a nothing story made up by a paper. Arsenal haven't done anything.

you're probably right, that rag do love to disrespect our club at every opportunity....as the price tag shows....
he is though the type of player Arsenal need, which would worry me a little.....
right now though, McCarthy is worth atleast 40m.....needs to add goals to his game to be worth more...

.....I think we put an offer of a new contract on the table. Pub rumour yesterday that he's not keen to sign - Arsenal mentioned. Seems odd, he's still got a while to go on his current deal and could 'up' his money. Apparently his lady is sister to the Smith boxing brothers, so hopefully a family link with the City might want him to extend his stay.

well so far Martinez has managed his career perfectly, so hopefully McCarthy doesn't forget that......end of the day, what happens this season will have a huge effect on what happens to the likes of McCarthy & Barkley...if we get top 4 they'll either sign new deals or we'll get massive offers that we'd be silly to turn down...
either way, £16m from Arsenal is as bad a first offer as £40m (plus 1 penny) was for Suarez...

Why would McCarthy go to Arsenal, team full of tw@ts and not even as good as us.

He's alright where he is and the lad knows it, £16m?, if that is true Wenger can Koff, he's got some cheek offering that kind of money.

wdyb.gif

If he is a traitor to his country of birth, he will stab us in the back in the blink of an eye.
I'm telling you now, Besic could be every bit as good, and another thing, technically, passing, control, Besic is a better player.

If McCarthy has his head screwed on he'll stay, better here than at Arse.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. It's the Arteta deal all over again.

And this is why I don't like Wenger. At all. Less than Rodgers, even. At least Rodgers brings me amusement.

If he is a traitor to his country of birth, he will stab us in the back in the blink of an eye.

I don't really think that's fair. Some people prefer to think of themselves genetically rather than of where they were born. If he says he's Irish because his grandparents were Irish then who are we to disagree?

I don't really think that's fair. Some people prefer to think of themselves genetically rather than of where they were born. If he says he's Irish because his grandparents were Irish then who are we to disagree?

So when he turns around and says " My childhood team was Liverpool, I've always wanted to play for them " we should accept it and clap him when he returns to Goodison wearing that shirt. After all, who are we to disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back