James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night's article on the Mirror website http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-open-james-mccarthy-talks-6155252 - Doesn't contain a single quote or cite any sources.

The midfielder believes promises were broken over a new deal and would be keen on a move to White Hart Lane before the window close.

Tottenham will open talks with Everton over midfielder James McCarthy this week.

The Toffees are facing a second fight to keep one of their top players with Chelsea already determined to land defender John Stones.

Spurs are equally confident of prising McCarthy away despite boss Roberto Martinez’s insistence that he, like Stones, is not leaving.

McCarthy is interested in a move to White Hart Lane after growing disillusioned at failed promises to improve his contract.

The 24-year-old Republic of Ireland international signed a five-year deal when he moved to Goodison Park from Wigan in 2013. But while other players have had their contracts revised, he has not.

Lazy, speculative writing.

Unless Everton confirm an incoming offer from Spurs I wouldn't be overly concerned. And if an offer did materialise I would think that we'd be asking in the region of £25m. Whilst I am a fan of McCarthy and I don't want him to leave, he is at least a little more replaceable than some others, and he plays in a position where we actually have some depth.

He is on way more than 30k I am afraid. There is no way you sign for £13million on deadline day and get 30k a week.
FFS Garbutt is on 25k.

Don't think he'll have been on more than 40k.

And also his first contract had promises of an improved deal after so many appearances.

Last night's article on the Mirror website http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-open-james-mccarthy-talks-6155252 - Doesn't contain a single quote or cite any sources.

Lazy, speculative writing.

Unless Everton confirm an incoming offer from Spurs I wouldn't be overly concerned. And if an offer did materialise I would think that we'd be asking in the region of £25m. Whilst I am a fan of McCarthy and I don't want him to leave, he is at least a little more replaceable than some others, and he plays in a position where we actually have some depth.

Cheers for posting. I'm refusing to click on their website any more as it's the same rubbish every day. And that goes for every single transfer rumour for any of our players. Glad to see that there is nothing new and it's the same lies they've been making up for at least a month now lol.

McCarthy is desperate to leave..failed promises...Spurs are in for him...Spurs are confident of landing McCarthy etc etc.

What has happened since they first mentioned it?

Absolutely nothing. No quotes from McCarthy, no bid from Spurs.

It's becoming a bit boring now.

But surely the manager makes recommendations, do you think?
He can recommend all he wants, others will sit down and decide the timings/clauses on contracts/renewals and negotiate them. In the same way the Bobby's recommendations to the board for signings doesn't mean they will be signed or recommendations of players to keep won't be sold.

He can recommend all he wants, others will sit down and decide the timings/clauses on contracts/renewals and negotiate them. In the same way the Bobby's recommendations to the board for signings doesn't mean they will be signed or recommendations of players to keep won't be sold.

In that case mate, we! The fans are screwed. We count as much value as used toilet paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back