James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key player for us but no-one can afford him, least of all tottenham.

He will go for 25 million if we sold him now, 20 at the minimum if we wanted to sell him, which we wont. On top of that, he must enjoy being a key man for martinez so why would he want to leave that?

This is just one of our best players getting media mentions again, take it as a compliment people know how good he is and move along.

Hope he stays and imagine he will but I wouldn't be that gutted if he left, he's boss at the defensive side of things but he is so limited on the ball and going forward... REALLY limited, in that he's never going to improve much in that area imo.

Definitely replaceable although I'd rather us not have to go through the hassle of finding a replacement.

I don't think he's that limited in terms of talent, I think he's just doing what he's told by Roberto. He had no problem m bursting forward, beating a couple of players and scoring against Man Utd when there was no one to pass to so I think he has the ability.

I don't think he's that limited in terms of talent, I think he's just doing what he's told by Roberto. He had no problem m bursting forward, beating a couple of players and scoring against Man Utd when there was no one to pass to so I think he has the ability.

This is the case I think. I think one of the reason Bobby loves him is because he's extremely good at following orders (same goes for Cleverley actually). Yesterday for example he played the Barry holding role instead of his usual all-action thing, it was a huge difference.

He needs a pay rise and instruction to get forward more ... Think towards end of last season he was already doing it and looked good - class act and no way can leave - more to come if deployed properly !

This garbage has come from The Mirror ffs, they've sold our entire squad in the last 2 years, the bitter red top tools. They've got an agenda against us after we reared up and popped at their absolute nonsense.

Martinez has already made his position clear on this one. He's the lynchpin of his side.

We need to put a new deal in front of him and get him tied down.

35K apparently.

Aye, and Cleverley is on approx £45k I think, so he wants parity. That's the only issue. He loves the club and wants to stay, but at the same time his importance to the team should be highlighted by a wage rise. Offer him £50k p/week and get it done.

Not that 35k a week isn't enough to live off like.

He should be offered parity with the highest earner and made vice captain to take over when Jags is not available. Show the lad some commitment and I am sure he will return the compliment.

Aye, and Cleverley is on approx £45k I think, so he wants parity. That's the only issue. He loves the club and wants to stay, but at the same time his importance to the team should be highlighted by a wage rise. Offer him £50k p/week and get it done.

The poor get, that's only like 17.5k a week after tax. Probably only taking him about 15k a week with his agent fees added in. How's he supposed to feed his family for 60k a month?

It's also not what a player we apparently value at around £25m should be on. We can claim we wouldn't sell him for that then pay him less than his market value especially when other almost certainly less valuable to the team are earning more and that's before we get to allegations of broken promises .

The poor get, that's only like 17.5k a week after tax. Probably only taking him about 15k a week with his agent fees added in. How's he supposed to feed his family for 60k a month?

You can't judge footy players wages like that can you otherwise every argument can be dismissed. You can only judge it as 'the going rate ' surely ?

Another day when McCarthy has nothing to say or apologize for his representives for spreading stories in the media. What's that? I'll tell you all why.

T R A I T O R

ITS IN HIS BLOOD.

This garbage has come from The Mirror ffs, they've sold our entire squad in the last 2 years, the bitter red top tools. They've got an agenda against us after we reared up and popped at their absolute nonsense.

Martinez has already made his position clear on this one. He's the lynchpin of his side.

We need to put a new deal in front of him and get him tied down.
To be fair it has been reported as spurs are interested in at least 6 papers in the past few weeks. Would not want him to leave but squad wise if it was him or stones I would say him.

I'd really like to know what wage he earns.

If it's so much less than some of our other key players then I'd be pretty annoyed.

Something like 30k a week.

The contract we offered him only added an extra 5k a week.

So compared to players like Baines, Barkley and Stones, who all had significant wage increases, he didn't feel it was on. Apparently he loves it here and would have signed immediately had the wage increase been a truer reflection of his importance to the team.

Something like 30k a week.

The contract we offered him only added an extra 5k a week.

So compared to players like Baines, Barkley and Stones, who all had significant wage increases, he didn't feel it was on. Apparently he loves it here and would have signed immediately had the wage increase been a truer reflection of his importance to the team.

He is on way more than 30k I am afraid. There is no way you sign for £13million on deadline day and get 30k a week.
FFS Garbutt is on 25k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back