James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest here, nobody has any idea what the situation is. We're all assuming it's all a bit negative because of some daft news articles and people assume anything involving our board can only be bad.

The contract offer was supposed to kick in after a certain number of games which he hasnt reached yet, I read somewhere .

Information was posted in this thread.

Someone told me that we're in negotiations with McCarthy & his agent right now and that a new contract could be agreed before the start of the season. McCarthy loves it at Everton, him and girlfriend are also settled in the north west. He just wants parity with some of the newer deals signed at the club, he doesn't even want to be the top earner. The club didn't open negotiations for a long time because there was/is no need to; the player is (mostly) happy, plus negotiations would only be triggered once McCarthy played a set number of games, believed to be 60.

word on the street is that the wage review was contracted to take place after 60 appearances, which McCarthy passed before the end of the season, thus triggering this dialogue this and assumed wage increase

Still Mr reliable, still brilliant, think if we sold him. We might as well just forefit next season and plan for 2017/18

bangheadhere.gif

On the gossip column again, 'disillusioned' with us and wanting a move to Spurs, according to the ever reliable mirror.

Have we ever had as many key players constantly linked with moves away from us during the one window before?

Played well today, didn't notice him which was good but we always had control in midfield. Think he does better when he has the defensive midfield spot in the middle of the pitch to himself, allows him to pick out other midfielders rather than always going back to a defender. The midfield three had a good balance to it against Dundee. Ross is still too far forward in my opinion but it seemed less overkill with the sideways passing once Barry was removed.

Hope he stays and imagine he will but I wouldn't be that gutted if he left, he's boss at the defensive side of things but he is so limited on the ball and going forward... REALLY limited, in that he's never going to improve much in that area imo.

Definitely replaceable although I'd rather us not have to go through the hassle of finding a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back