Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I was simply analysing the strengths and weaknesses of our DOF 3 years into the job based on his signings to date.

As I said - for players that are surplus to requirements at the europeam giants he's effective in getting them in and also negotiating lower fees for players outside of England.

Whereas so far his weakness seems to be his reluctance in sometimes paying the going rate which tends to be for PL players who naturally go for more money (Zaha, Zouma, Doucoure) and history tells you unless you pay the going rate (Richarlison, Maguire, Chillwell) you risk losing out or needing to look elswhere.

Thats not me shouting Brands OUT or failing to acknowledge the good work hes done getting Allan/James in for lower fees than initially wanted by their clubs.

Anyway - Rodriguez eh

But his job - in terms of negotiating - is not to pay the going rate, if possible.

Bitter gits - I dont mind the likes of the RS or Mancs do it as its expected but when you see clubs like Newcastle or Southampton who are utter bums try downplay signing players they could only dream of signing it makes you laugh.

Horse punchers big summer signing so far - Jeff Hendrick on a free. Irrelevant football club sadly - they shouldn't even contemplate discussing us and our transfers whilst they are in such a state!

no chance in hell we are paying most of 25m upfront
Yeah, it will be a loan with payment next year like a "purchase". That way this year's books look better for FFP. Imagine if you get Romero for 2m, sign Arias for 15m, and loan a winger. Then you've got 5 key players for 39m plus loan fees. You end up making profit this season and the three year FFP rotation moves the 18/19 season off the books letting you spend much more next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.